• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

your best bowling/batting

bryce

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Bearing in mind the records for longest hit, anyone else find this a bit doubtful?
ah you wouldn't happen to be talking about the ball bowled by Charles Rogers which was driven 175 yards from the middle of the Christ Church ground in Oxford by Rev. W. Fellows in 1856 would you ?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best bowling is 7/8 - but in Devon B Division (Neil will explain.....if any is needed!). Best Ball - .....ummm. My favourite is a bouncer I bowled to a guy who was wearing a chest guard. I asked his team-mate at square leg why he was bothering to wear it and he said he'd been hit by the ball machine and had a large bruise there so I quickly suggested to the guy bowling that he try to hit him there. Came back on a couple of overs later and got him a beauty third ball with a short one to the ribs (the guard had slipped around and it got him just under it), I think he hit the ground before the ball did haha.

Batting - not much to write home about. 21 not out in firsts in my best. Cover drove the other side's quickest bowler, but it only made it 3/4 of the way to the boundary. I'm claiming long grass, but there's a case to be presented for poor timing! Did think I whacked it though....

Best Batting is 109, but that was 3rd grade.

This year I have a batting average of 21 (courtesy of batting at 10 with one not out - only two innings) and a bowling average of 141 - hahahahaha. The strike rate for my bowling is a rather handy 330-odd, I couldn't take a wicket if it was in a department store and I was Winona Ryder. The funniest part about it is I've been chosen for 4 rep games, to bowl! I'm starting to believe Richard's luck mantra, but getting it in the same spot twice would definately help!

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Nnanden said:
my bext ball wasnt even a wicket. i bowled at decent pace to my mate Daniel in the nets. It started way outside leg, swung to off and he played and missed.

best batting was for school. 9* off 51. golden innings :D
Haha, you slogger you! In 5th's I came in the first over and was 52* after 50! What a strike rate!

Son Of Coco

Voltman said:
Yes.

Maybe the aforementioned Mr Morris actually ran at a medium pace down the net, stopped, and placed a golf ball on a tee for DJellett, who then pulled out a 3-wood and got it out past 150m?
hahaha, which in turn is a pretty poor 3 wood really! :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bryce said:
ah you wouldn't happen to be talking about the ball bowled by Charles Rogers which was driven 175 yards from the middle of the Christ Church ground in Oxford by Rev. W. Fellows in 1856 would you ?
I might well be.

PY

International Coach
Best batting - 43 (particularly satisfying that I almost killed Neil who was umpiring). Probably best was 39* after we were 15/3 I think.

Best bowling - 5-1-15-3. Took the danger man who'd scored over 100 runs against my team without being out. Caught out on the boundary having a wild heave over midwicket. :D. Other than taking 3 wickets, I also for the first and only time in my life got movement off the seam as I pitched on middle and off and away from the left-hander.

All-round performance - 3/25 and 28. Last game of last season. I took a hat-trick with the last three balls of the season and I'd bowled crap up until that point. Then slogged 28 runs off about 16 balls and then got triggered by a fat git who's never given a correct decision in his life. Run out taking a second run to protect the no-hoper at the other end. :(

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
best ball: bowling with rythm and pace , had the ball moving all over the place, bolwing good leg and offcutters, had one pitch on middle and leg and moved away from the right hand and hit the top of off peg......... we rolled em for 37 and i took 7 - 10...............

best batting/shot: batting at number 4 or 5 most of my career i went in and we where in trouble at 3-12. i batted with my skipper for 87 overs and we put on 289 both finished not out 100* and i played one cover drive with the left hander putting them in the slot, it motored to the fence.....thats just one of many shots i can remember....highest score is 168*...........

nibbs

International Captain
My highest score was 66. I scored off it off 38 balls, against a rather weak bowling attack. It was a one day match. You were meant to either face 30 overs or stop batting at 10:45am. Games started at 9am. My side made 189 off 22 overs that day.

However my best innings was for my club when I made 53. It took me 85 balls. I was batting at 3 and we lost a wicket in the first in the over. I came in and played a patient innings. I hit two sixes (only ever hit 3). One was down the ground off their spinner. It cleared the boundary for a good 20 metres. The second six always left me a bit baffled cause I wasn't actually ever intending to hit it for six but somehow it carried. At the second drinks break I was on 49*, and then moved through to 53 after a fielding errors meant we ran a couple of over throws. I got bowled soon after. Chasing 190 odd, my team crumbled soon after my dismissal and we lost. My innings was invane.

My best was 4/8 against Auckland Grammar. I took 2 wickets in the over then 2 in the next 2. 3 were caught and one bowled. My main memory from this game was that when Batting it was possible to hit the into the grounds of Mt. Eden prison which was not a very big hit away. Maybe 40 metres top with a 6 metre high wall to clear...

dro87

U19 12th Man
bowling: 7/32 in Serie A... INcluding a halftracker caught at mid wicket and a full-toss caught on the boundry... (The team got relegated at the end of the year!)

batting: 24* Italy u15... First ball of my life playing in Italy... In Germany... I get in at n.5 waiting for the hattrick ball... Bowler get in the perfect yorker, but luckly i just get the toe in... PLayed the next cuople of overs well considering that at the other end of the wicket wickets were falling quickly... Coudn't play 2 many risky shots, so i just settled with one's and two's... Ended the game with the Man of the Match award... Cos i got 4 wicket bowling... evetually we won the game!! :cool:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
my highest score i 115, but my best innings was 59* when wewere chasing 78 in 13 overs to win outright, we did it in the 12th and i was on the player to make double figures...
i miraculously also took 6/20 once, which wasnt bad for someone who doesnt bowl much...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
my best ball would have to be anytime i suckered a batsman into coming down the wicket and getting the wicket (stumping) who has been on a good score and who would have looked like batting on and on..
Best Bowling: 6/9 of 7 overs on a turf wicket ( one of the rare opportunities we get to play on turf wickets ) turf wickets in nz is like making love.. every opportunity you get you gotta make more than the best of it...

best bat : when i played my first match for the 2nd XI in form 4 and came into bat when we were 7 down and the light wasnt in sight at the end of the tunnel.. an okay technique then and a strong will go us through, much love to the other bowling all rounder who was batting with me, who is mainly a clean striker of the ball, that he played it down and around instead of the usual.. satisfying 31* at the end of the day..

Last edited:

cricket player

International Debutant
lord_of_darkness said:
my best ball would have to be anytime i suckered a batsman into coming down the wicket and getting the wicket (stumping) who has been on a good score and who would have looked like batting on and on..
Best Bowling: 6/9 of 7 overs on a turf wicket ( one of the rare opportunities we get to play on turf wickets ) turf wickets in nz is like making love.. every opportunity you get you gotta make more than the best of it...

best bat : when i played my first match for the 2nd XI in form 4 and came into bat when we were 7 down and the light wasnt in sight at the end of the tunnel.. an okay technique then and a strong will go us through, much love to the other bowling all rounder who was batting with me, who is mainly a clean striker of the ball, that he played it down and around instead of the usual.. satisfying 31* at the end of the day..
Lord I am also an off spinner mate,Can you give me some advices so I can use and take wickets any tips that would provide help in taking wickets thanks :)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
my highest score i 115, but my best innings was 59* when wewere chasing 78 in 13 overs to win outright, we did it in the 12th and i was on the player to make double figures...
i miraculously also took 6/20 once, which wasnt bad for someone who doesnt bowl much...
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! He must have been your hero at the time.

And cricket player, here's some advice: Get some talent.

shaka

International Regular
my best bowling was for the first team at my old school, I took 4 for 8 runs

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Highest score of 87 (wooo scary :ph34r: ) but the innings I felt the most comfortable in would be a 50 not out I scored. I think that was the only day when I felt completely solid at the crease.

Best bowling of 6-17 off 9 overs.

I've bowled a few hugely swinging yorkers that I've been rather proud of, but a delivery that sticks in my mind is one for my school. We were defending just 160 odd in the Gilette Cup and desperate to win to go to the next round. I had a couple of guys caught and then right when we needed a wicket - they were about 30 runs off with 4 wickets in hand - I got a good length ball outside off stump to nip back and knock the off pole out of the ground. Bouyed by my success, I then tried to skittle the rest of the opposition in my remaining 2 overs.

I failed, taking no more wickets and we went on to lose the game by 2 wickets. But that's beside the point.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
That's true. I've played on just a few grass wickets in my entire life. Most of them were absolute dogs too. Some were complete greentops, while others had slower and lower bounce than I would have thought possible.

But a good pitch is so cool to play on.

Last edited: