• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Premier Hockey League

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Indian Hockey is set for a revival. With 5 teams in the first tier, and 5 in the second, games will be played over a month in 4 quarters of17/5 minutes each.

Domestic sport has been horrible in India since the popularity of Ranji diminished. Its time Indian domestic sport got its viewers.

c_eagle

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Up until reading this thread, I've been very worried about the state of field hockey in India.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
nibbs said:
it's great to see it's making a comeback
Word.

Sohail Abbas played today in a game for Hyderabad Sultans vs Bangalore Highfliers and the Pakistani helped the team reach the top of the league standings. Bengal has played 6 and lost six in the second division :D

c_eagle

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Pratyush said:
Word.

Sohail Abbas played today in a game for Hyderabad Sultans vs Bangalore Highfliers and the Pakistani helped the team reach the top of the league standings. Bengal has played 6 and lost six in the second division :D
Sohail Abbas, wow, what a hero. Undoubtedly one of my favourite's. The Sultan's have a good shot at winning it, we are going all the way, this is our year.

nibbs

International Captain
abbas can certainly can smack those hockey balls, especially from those penalty corners. lets just think for second though. what would it be like taking one in the balls. not pleasant i'd imagine