• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FA CUP is only 4 days away

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Langeveldt said:
Possibly anyone who knows a thing about football..
Okay I am new to football but I have seen highlights FA Cup matches played this year in fairly empty stands. So wouldnt no for sure how this match could be jam packed..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Exeter is earning 1.9 million dollars as a tv channel is going to show this match live!

Also, the match will be shown live on TV o Neil I am surely watching this one and supporting Exeter.

Exeter has 9,000 capacity and Exeter hasnt raised ticket prices from some 20 pouns for this match.

So yes the stadium will definitely be jam packed to see Man U..

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pratyush said:
Okay I am new to football but I have seen highlights FA Cup matches played this year in fairly empty stands. So wouldnt no for sure how this match could be jam packed..
Any lower league club that attracts a huge draw like MUFC will certainly be full.. Probably from Div 1 downwards..

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Pratyush said:
Because United haven't played in Exeter in 36 years? Because one of the top teams is coming local?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm interested to know how Richard will be getting a ticket, because there's little chance of any going onto general sale once seeing as the priority groups have got first shout. Queued for two hours for mine this afternoon - £6 to see this, bargain!

It's going to be an incredible atmosphere and it does look like the home stands will be full of proper City fans for the most part. Woe betide any Scum fan who enters the home ends and cheers should United score.

And it's £150,000 for the TV rights, the $1.9m estimate covers our whole income from the two legs.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
we had a voucher system for the city game to ensure that any city fans didn;t get in our end. The last time we played them they infiltrated half the ground. It worked very well this time, despite yours truly ending up sat next to one. We are doing the same thing for the Bolton game.

BTW here is my current desktop, meathead mills pose is fantastic

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Priority tickets are going to Supporters Trust Members, Supporters Club Members, Season Ticket Holders and Major Fundraisers. Beyond that, there'll be little left.

My desktop...

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
A post on Exeweb from City's representative in Merewether, NSW:

"For those of you exiled in Oz/NZ I have just checked the online ESPN Program Guide which shows live FA Cup Round 3 games at 0625 (EST) on 19/1/05 and 20/1/05 with the re broadcast of the full game at 2300 on the respective days. I am assuming that this is Liverpool v Burnley on the 19th, and Exeter v Man U on the 20th."

No excuses - check it out. See what a proper stadium looks like.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
Priority tickets are going to Supporters Trust Members, Supporters Club Members, Season Ticket Holders and Major Fundraisers. Beyond that, there'll be little left.

My desktop...
Christ there's even more desktop clutter on there than there is on mine. As for the FA Cup it's kinda good for Boro that they've got a tough tie to knock them out early (the usual moan about loads of injuries will be dug up when they get beat at Old Trafford). They can then concentrate on winning alternate games in the Premiership and doing well in the UEFA Cup.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Which would actually make it worse bearing in mind who the opposition are.
By your logic, if England play Zimbabwe, you will start supporting Zimbabwe?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You what?

What I am saying is that him getting a ticket would rob a true Exeter fan of a ticket.

The fact he supports the opposition would compound that.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
You what?

What I am saying is that him getting a ticket would rob a true Exeter fan of a ticket.

Word.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
You what?

Why do Exeter fans have more rights to tickets than United fans?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
Erm, if he supports one of the teams involved, what's wrong with it? 8-)
The fact that there's true fans who follow the team all round the country that won't get a ticket, also he'd not be in the right end.