• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FA CUP is only 4 days away

Craig

World Traveller
According to self confessed Man Utd fan Tim Webber who writes for goal.com he gave Exter's and United's probable starting XIs:

PROBABLE XI’s:
Man United : Howard, P Neville, Brown, Spector, Fortune, Richardson, Djemba-Djemba, Miller, Eagles, Fletcher, Bellion

Exeter : Rice, Hiley, Sawyer, Gaia, Jeannin, Taylor, Martin, Edwards, Moxey, Devine, Flack

Even in Man Utd's squad at least 7 of them are internationals.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sheffield United winning vs Aston Villa. I am new to the FA cup but already I am a big fan. Lookin forard to sooing Ipswich's match next.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Just clearing some thing up..

the FA cup is knock out if I am not wrong. In the case of a draw, do we have extra time or penalties?

Also please clarify on the teams taking part and how the whole tournament works.

Thanks.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The second FA cup match I watch and the second Premiereship team goes out. Manchester City kicked out!

Coincidence!!??

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Pratyush said:
Also please clarify on the teams taking part and how the whole tournament works.

Draw leads to a replay then extra time and penalties.
Exeter City held by a struggling Manchester United at Old Trafford. I'm sure they can finish off the job at home... :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Pratyush said:
The second FA cup match I watch and the second Premiereship team goes out. Manchester City kicked out!

Coincidence!!??
Please watch Exeter v Man U if the replay is televised... :D

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Delighted City went out (SKD will be pleased) and have to give big props to Exeter for their perfomance in the highlights I saw. Well played indeed.

chris.hinton

International Captain
I really pleased today football is back and the FA cup proves that that.... we win at Preston (Ok no shock but 2 win this season shows how delighted i am) we win 2-0 thanks to 2 goals from Welsh International Robbie Earnshaw. S****horpe Take the Lead against Chelsea and coul;d have forced a replay before Arjan Robben came on and changed the game and the brave iron lost 3-1. Sheff United beat Villa 3-1 West Ham beat Norwich 1-0 and Sunderland beat C.Palace 2-1 not really shock but 3 premier teams out.... also a Massive Shock as Oldham Athletic beat man city 1-0 a Team which included Shaun Wright Phillips, Robbie Fowler and Steve Mcmanaman.... but the team of the Day where of course EXETER CITY who produced the result of the 100 year history by drawing 0-0 at Old Trafford against he Biggest Club in the World Manchester United (I bet Neil is Delighted) Man Untd had P.Neville, Brown, Djemba Djemba, Scholes,Smith and Ronaldo and could not break down the brilliance of Exeter City

Yeading take on Newcastle Tomorrow and Stoke visit Highbury to play Arsenal

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
According to self confessed Man Utd fan Tim Webber who writes for goal.com he gave Exter's and United's probable starting XIs:

PROBABLE XI’s:
Man United : Howard, P Neville, Brown, Spector, Fortune, Richardson, Djemba-Djemba, Miller, Eagles, Fletcher, Bellion

Exeter : Rice, Hiley, Sawyer, Gaia, Jeannin, Taylor, Martin, Edwards, Moxey, Devine, Flack

Even in Man Utd's squad at least 7 of them are internationals.
What possibly possessed him to expect City to play 4-3-3?!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Everybody gets a 10/10. The first half we came close to scoring from both Deano and Andy and there must have been three times when it looked (admittedly from 120 yards away) like there was a handball penalty shout, and United never really created much clear-cut.

Second half, especially following Deano firing over from distance and United bringing Scholes, Ronaldo and Smith on, was serious brown trouser time. Jones made an incredible save from Ron, and the number of times Utd shots fell inches wide seriously tested the strength of my **** muscles.

But we did it! Absolutely fantastic - the 9,000 Grecians outsung the home crowd to such an extent it wasn't even close, great repertoire (did the home fans make noise once or twice?) - I've not heard "Shall we sing a song for you" in such heavy use! Also not impressed with United's play-acting, especially Eagles, Djemba and Ron...

See y'all at Saint James' :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Believe it or not an Aussie was one of the heroes at Boundary Park today

All Hail King Les Pogliacomi

and Neil Killkenny, Will Haining, David Eyres, Danny Hall, Mark Hughes, Adam Griffin, Alex Bruce(tho his dad is a ****) Scott Vernon, John Eyre and Kevin Betsy, all heroes today :p

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Which now comprises every team in the world except Wigan, Everton or St Helens?
Pretty much

I took the liberty of including Wigan rugby once for every other team aswell

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
Everybody gets a 10/10. The first half we came close to scoring from both Deano and Andy and there must have been three times when it looked (admittedly from 120 yards away) like there was a handball penalty shout, and United never really created much clear-cut.

Second half, especially following Deano firing over from distance and United bringing Scholes, Ronaldo and Smith on, was serious brown trouser time. Jones made an incredible save from Ron, and the number of times Utd shots fell inches wide seriously tested the strength of my **** muscles.

But we did it! Absolutely fantastic - the 9,000 Grecians outsung the home crowd to such an extent it wasn't even close, great repertoire (did the home fans make noise once or twice?) - I've not heard "Shall we sing a song for you" in such heavy use! Also not impressed with United's play-acting, especially Eagles, Djemba and Ron...

See y'all at Saint James' :D
SO does mean I have to change my name to Ronaldo?

I surprised me to see how much Exeter were in debt and gives me an idea how small the club it is and how one game can almost wipe out the debt.

I bet a certain Mr Robbins is also happy.