• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Whaaat? Even with my Wasp-tinted glasses being very firmly placed aside, I would call that Flutey has been our best back. I have been very impressed by him.
If you have a thing for 12s who can't tackle or kick then, yeah. He's been great.

Has made a couple of decent breaks, but his distribution has been very ordinary and defensively has been a liability.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Saying that he can't tackle or kick is pretty harsh. I'll give you that he isn't the best tackler or best tactical kicker, but he isn't by any means the worst.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Saying that he can't tackle or kick is pretty harsh. I'll give you that he isn't the best tackler or best tactical kicker, but he isn't by any means the worst.
We've seen precious little evidence of it so far, I have to say.

It's easy to be wise after the event, obviously, but I think we've tried to make too many changes all at once. The back line is crying out for a grizzled old head to call the shots.

The trouble is with Catt retired and Wilko broken we aren't exactly overburdened with options. :mellow:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Wilko has said basically that he wants to play the best rugby he possibly can. Whether that is for England or Newcastle, it doesn't matter, so he isn't ruled out for the time being.

Craig

World Traveller
What is with that I have heard that Craig Gower's club Bayonne are prepared to offer Matt Giteau a four year deal worth $10m?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What is with that I have heard that Craig Gower's club Bayonne are prepared to offer Matt Giteau a four year deal worth $10m?
:-O

**** me, that's silly money. Especially in light of the western world's financial system imploding.

Not looking forward to today at all, meanwhile. Could get ugly. :mellow:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really great to see a school-mate of mine in the NZ Sevens squad, I reckon he'll be the second All Black we've ever produced. :D

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah, fair play. Unlucky his career overlapped with so many great kiwi pivots.

Last heard of in Japan IIRC.
Was going to make a comeback for the Highlanders or Otago next season I think, but has picked up an injury. Not sure on the latest.

Always preferred him to Merhts too.