• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Dopey rugby by the Boks yesterday, you would almost think they didn’t know what system of laws they were playing under, just continually given pointless penalties away after another and if the Scottish metronome goal kicker didn’t get injured early on they would have lost handsomely.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The ABs should really have won 3 or 4 world cups and they're going to win this game after a try by an Aussie leaguie but until they stop choking, stuff them and I'll rejoice in the sight of our pack pushing Eng all over the park
Shredded our front-row second-half & kudos to them, but really "Collapsing" Al Baxter should've been carded long before. **** would not take a straight hit early on.

Cipriani wants a solid foot up his arsehole too. Talented boy, but his game management is dire. Easter or Care really need to take a firmer and with him. Thought we had more shape when the less lavishly gifted Flood came on.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Really dissappointing from England and Scotland yesterday. Scotland could have easily won and I'm not quite sure how they managed to lose that game.

England. Well, we played well, just too many moronic forwards giving away penalties in easy kicking positions and Giteau really wasn't going to miss many of them. I think we could have done better and kicked more penalties rather than making stupid tap and runs. We feasibly could have won that game had the game management been better.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Just to note, I thought that Carter was absolutely brilliant yesterday, his balance and change of direction when running is fantastic. Also thought that Luke Fitzgerald from Ireland was pretty damn good as well with ball in hand. Not sure about his passing, but his running with the ball was excellent.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
What a boring Test.

The All Blacks were never stretched and never had to lift a gear. I’m wondering if we should let Smith go to Ospreys, because the backs didn’t fire again. Mils should be at home, Grand Slam tour be damned. My sister was born with a hole in her heart and I’m sure his son will be OK, but the guy’s gotta be beside himself. Cowan had a shocker. Nonu and Smith were the pick of the backs. I laughed when the Irish commentator said Nonu was the perfect 12, yeah maybe if he played Ireland every weekend.

The pack played well. Lineouts and scrums were good. I just wish the forwards would link with the backs on attack instead of us going wide so early, you can’t burn a lot of teams with outside pace these days.

I swear Ireland were up to no good at the breakdown, but we won’t talk about that because it’s boring.
I think thats a fair reflection of the game. I really can't remember a single opportunity Ireland had to score, besides taking a couple of penalty kicks from 30+ metres out. They hardly looked like a side that potentially had the ability to win and had been talked up as a reasonable chance. Nonu was very good as he has been the last couple of weeks. He was particularly average during the last few weeks of the Air New Zealand Cup but back in the ABs hes been superb so far. Centre looks remarkably strong now with Smith playing well after Kahui was in top form last week. Muliana made a few errors but showed his class and the ability to break tackles and I think hes destined to stay at fullback for a while now.

Just to note, I thought that Carter was absolutely brilliant yesterday, his balance and change of direction when running is fantastic. Also thought that Luke Fitzgerald from Ireland was pretty damn good as well with ball in hand. Not sure about his passing, but his running with the ball was excellent.
Carter had a very good game, not perfect by his standards but still miles ahead of O'Gara. I too was impressed with Fitzgerald, and he was Ireland's stand-out player by far yesterday.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Heartbreakingly so.

We're trying to run before we can walk. Cipriani's game management is absolutely shocking. The charge down was unforgiveable; he has so much time, the ball is on his favoured foot and he still ****s it up. Talented boy, but not a test 10 yet. Or anything like.

We're so commited to the all-singing, all-dancing running game we're just being picked off when we eff it up.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand next week, good luck! :laugh:

Top performance from the Bok though, so good in defence and the wingers JP and Habana were awesome.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
New Zealand next week, good luck! :laugh:

Top performance from the Bok though, so good in defence and the wingers JP and Habana were awesome.
Getting on the Johnson Must Go bandwagon early, me. :ph34r:

Seriously tho, wholesale changes are needed starting with the captain & the fly-half. Haskell a ****ing useless great lump too.

When Shaw came on it made 9 Wasps players on & guess what? Wasps have won 1/6 so far this year. Bra-****ing-vo, selectors.

Langeveldt

Soutie
England, very very poor and SA, very very good.. Oh and it's D-ahnn-ie Rossouw.. And D-ann-y Cipriani.. My constant requests for Peter de Villiers to be sacked may be kept silent until next year at least..

Anyone listen to it on Radio 5? How gun was Matt Dawson's reaction to Jantjie's very late challenge on Armitage near the end?

Is Armitage a good prospect? Seem to hear his name quite a lot..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
England, very very poor and SA, very very good.. Oh and it's D-ahnn-ie Rossouw.. And D-ann-y Cipriani.. My constant requests for Peter de Villiers to be sacked may be kept silent until next year at least..

Anyone listen to it on Radio 5? How gun was Matt Dawson's reaction to Jantjie's very late challenge on Armitage near the end?

Is Armitage a good prospect?
Seem to hear his name quite a lot..
He's looked comfortably the best of the three debutants we've brought in this autumn, which, as praise goes, is up there with being the best downhill skier in Dubai. Actually, he's looked solid under the high ball, which is nice, but the way Bakkes Botha was able to catch up to him to save a try maybe suggests his gas isn't all that it's been cracked up to be.

Meanwhile Cipriani gets the arse.

Best thing for him. Has looked out of his depth &, in fairness to the boy, might've been rushed back too soon from injury. Flutey has looked as rank as Volts's prophesised all those years ago too. Would like to see Geraghty from London Irish get another go outside Flood myself.

Langeveldt

Soutie
He's looked comfortably the best of the three debutants we've brought in this autumn, which, as praise goes, is up there with being the best downhill skier in Dubai. Actually, he's looked solid under the high ball, which is nice, but the way Bakkes Botha was able to catch up to him to save a try maybe suggests his gas isn't all that it's been cracked up to be.

Meanwhile Cipriani gets the arse.

Best thing for him. Has looked out of his depth &, in fairness to the boy, might've been rushed back too soon from injury. Flutey has looked as rank as Volts's prophesised all those years ago too. Would like to see Geraghty from London Irish get another go outside Flood myself.
Strikes me as a bit of an irritating, 'pretty boy from the hood comes good' kind of sob story.. I'm glad Ruan Pienaar put him in his place and England can start pushing private school joe's with funny surnames again..