Page 69 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3559
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

  1. #1021
    U19 12th Man
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    romania
    Posts
    236
    now this i call the new zeeland all blacks rugby team

  2. #1022
    State Vice-Captain jot1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,098
    Wow! Great game. Would hate to lose, though.

  3. #1023
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Now that was a game of footy

  4. #1024
    State Vice-Captain jot1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,098
    Congrats AB! Excellent game.


  5. #1025
    U19 12th Man
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    romania
    Posts
    236
    well done, all blacks, even if they actually played 10 minutes out of 80.

  6. #1026
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    You're a good sport jot1

  7. #1027
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    All Blacks came good at the end, was to be expected with how hard the Saffies were playing in the first 20 minutes. Great effort from the South Africans but a few of our selections certainly needed to be looked at IMO, Ashwin Villemse is an average footballer and I'd much rather have Bryan Habana on the wing.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  8. #1028
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,426
    Worrying for the world of Rugby that the ABs can produce such an obviously flawed performance and still get over the line.

    NZ looked so much fitter in the last ten minutes too; maybe all that conditioning work they did in the first seven rounds of the Super 14 wasn't such a bad idea after all.
    - As featured in The Independent.

    "Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

  9. #1029
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Worrying for the world of Rugby that the ABs can produce such an obviously flawed performance and still get over the line.

    NZ looked so much fitter in the last ten minutes too; maybe all that conditioning work they did in the first seven rounds of the Super 14 wasn't such a bad idea after all.
    The players are visibly looking fitter and stronger as well, which is a good sign for all those teenage girls out there who adore Dan Carter and Luke McAlister.

  10. #1030
    State Vice-Captain jot1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    You're a good sport jot1
    If they're good, they're good. No matter who the team or the player is. Goes for me in all sports.
    Though I do like us to win.

  11. #1031
    State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,246
    It was a good game.

    South Africa came at us hard from the beginning, pressuring us at the kick-off & taking advantage of our weak line-out. I thought we were lucky to be down 6-0 since we had to scramble in defence. The Boks were ferocious at the breakdown, & while there was a lot of killing of the ball and hands in the ruck, we kept getting bad ball & couldn't sustain possession. A lot of our guys were caught in isolation or smothered in ball and all tackles leading to turnovers, and our backline was too flat against the rush defence. We were starting to get into a rhythm when the Boks scored that set-piece try (right on half time.)

    At that point I thought it wouldn't be our day, but McCaw was an inspiration in the second half & I felt like NZ were playing better rugby despite falling behind on the scoreboard. That kick-off return from S'oliolo would've made Zinzan Brooke or Mervyn Davies proud & the way we picked up our game thereafter was awesome to watch -- fast passes, offloads, players hitting the ball at pace. Once Os was subbed off, we started to push their scrum around too. It reminded me a lot of Fitzpatrick's '96-97 All Blacks, actually.

    South Africa played with a lot of passion, but they seem to lack a playmaker in the backs.

  12. #1032
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket View Post
    It was a good game.

    South Africa came at us hard from the beginning, pressuring us at the kick-off & taking advantage of our weak line-out. I thought we were lucky to be down 6-0 since we had to scramble in defence. The Boks were ferocious at the breakdown, & while there was a lot of killing of the ball and hands in the ruck, we kept getting bad ball & couldn't sustain possession. A lot of our guys were caught in isolation or smothered in ball and all tackles leading to turnovers, and our backline was too flat against the rush defence. We were starting to get into a rhythm when the Boks scored that set-piece try (right on half time.)

    At that point I thought it wouldn't be our day, but McCaw was an inspiration in the second half & I felt like NZ were playing better rugby despite falling behind on the scoreboard. That kick-off return from S'oliolo would've made Zinzan Brooke or Mervyn Davies proud & the way we picked up our game thereafter was awesome to watch -- fast passes, offloads, players hitting the ball at pace. Once Os was subbed off, we started to push their scrum around too. It reminded me a lot of Fitzpatrick's '96-97 All Blacks, actually.

    South Africa played with a lot of passion, but they seem to lack a playmaker in the backs.
    Good summary mate

  13. #1033
    State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks.

    I gotta say Burger is like a trio of loosies unto himself. It's great to have him back in Test match rugby after that injury scare. But whoever pushed McCaw to the ground after Burger scored seemed to fire Richie up in the second half.

    And did Rodney redeem himself? I think so. How good must it feel to have that sort of run in a Test match.

  14. #1034
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket View Post
    Thanks.

    I gotta say Burger is like a trio of loosies unto himself. It's great to have him back in Test match rugby after that injury scare. But whoever pushed McCaw to the ground after Burger scored seemed to fire Richie up in the second half.

    And did Rodney redeem himself? I think so. How good must it feel to have that sort of run in a Test match.
    Yeah So'oialo had a storming game. It was Bakkies Botha who needlessly hurled McCaw to the ground after the Burger try...he deserved to be nutted for that

  15. #1035
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket View Post
    Thanks.

    I gotta say Burger is like a trio of loosies unto himself. It's great to have him back in Test match rugby after that injury scare. But whoever pushed McCaw to the ground after Burger scored seemed to fire Richie up in the second half.

    And did Rodney redeem himself? I think so. How good must it feel to have that sort of run in a Test match.
    Burger is great, he can play the scavanging role or he can be a hard as nails defender and runner, depending on the team's needs and game situation. Bakkies Botha hurled McCaw to the ground, because McCaw wouldn't get off Gary Botha who was lying on the ground. It was slightly uncalled for, but it wasn't a random act. I don't think Rodney So'ialo really had to redeem himself to anyone, other than the idiots who seem to think that Lauaki and Tuiali'i are better options at #8.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zeke's Official Banner Thread!
    By Zeke in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 13-08-2011, 11:58 PM
  2. Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)
    By Jono in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 7861
    Last Post: 14-05-2011, 08:56 AM
  3. Official WCC Hall of Fame Thread
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 05:23 PM
  4. The Official County Championship thread
    By chris.hinton in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-04-2004, 04:41 PM
  5. Vintage Cricket - Official Drafting Thread
    By JohnnyA in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 09:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •