• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rodney owns the No.8 jersey. I don't think he's one of the great All Black No.8s, but he's a vital part of this team and his running game this season has been tremendous.
I'm glad you agree with more, thought TBF that post was more directed at Fiery.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't know why you find it ridiculous tbh. The guy's a beast and if his talent could be harnessed properly he would scare the bejesus out of other teams at the WC. I would play him in the lead-up games and if he doesn't fire you've always got the reliable So'oialo to fall back on...and he could come from the Clutha Valley for all I care. John Mitchell is from the Waikato but I hate the guy
I find it ridiculous because he's a lazy, overweight **** with a poor work ethic who doesn't come anywhere near So'oialo when it comes to work rate.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
The big game is in just over an hour. I haven't been this excited about a rugby match in a while tbh. Should be a good one. :)

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Carter's been pretty solid (4 from 4 penalties, including one from about 50m) but Kelleher has been pretty poor. 12 - 9 ABs. The wallabies are playing very well though, and I reckon it's 50-50 at the moment.

New Zealand is doing well in the scrum. After not doing so well, we've started to beat the Aussies in the scrum. Hopefully that continues and NZ is able to take advantage of it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Carter's been magnificent, paticularly as he's been getting ****e ball from Kelleher all game. Woodcock has done an absolute number on Shepherdson up front and he must've been spitting chips when McCaw gave that soft penalty for not staying bound.

All Blacks' line out is abysmal tho; need Ali Williams back sharpish. & Howlett looks pretty ordinary under the high ball, wouldn't be surprised if yer Wallies explore that option more in the second.

Wraps to Owens too, he's reffed it really well so far; let the game flow when possible and has been nice & clear with his instructions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great impact from Leonard since he came on, he's really caught poor old George napping a couple of times. Can see the logic in keeping him specifically for use as an impact player, but with the way Kelleher's played today he must be a chance of moving into the XV. Hard as that might be on Weepu.

archie mac

International Coach
Gee I hope the commentators you lads are watching are not as biased as the Aussie ones I am listening to on Fox:-O

So far that was not a NZ try and the Aussie should not have given away any penalties8-)

Fiery

Banned
Great impact from Leonard since he came on, he's really caught poor old George napping a couple of times. Can see the logic in keeping him specifically for use as an impact player, but with the way Kelleher's played today he must be a chance of moving into the XV. Hard as that might be on Weepu.
No doubt..Leonard will be the starting half in the WC...if I'm any judge

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think we're getting NZ's Sky feed over here. Marginal AB bias, but nothing outrageous.

& bravo to Owens for pinging Dunning; fat ****'s gone down like a sack of spuds twice now. Man up, tubby.

Fiery

Banned
Gee I hope the commentators you lads are watching are not as biased as the Aussie ones I am listening to on Fox:-O

So far that was not a NZ try and the Aussie should not have given away any penalties8-)
I agree on that archie...I can't understand how they could award that a try

Fiery

Banned
Try for mine. That last angle seemed to show it'd been grounded.

Mind you I could be biased as I've got Woodcock in my fantasy team! :p
Well, there ya go, unbiased onlooker says it's a try, so it's a try....*raises middle finger to Australia*!!!!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
**** the commentators on Channel 7 are the worst. Try and make something out of absolutely nothing.

"Australia nearly stole the ball there." No, they didn't. What the **** are you watching?