Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 54 of 345 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    The 21st century section of the history of the World Cup tells a different story.
    If you were a real Scottish fan, you wouldn't rate ANY of the Englishmen.

Make your mind up.

U19 Cricketer
    Be interesting to see where Tahu plays, he'd be a good outside centre IMO but he'll probably start on the wing.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speirz View Post
    Be interesting to see where Tahu plays, he'd be a good outside centre IMO but he'll probably start on the wing.
    There is bit for traffic jam in the centres, he'll play on the wing and Hewat will play at full back.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Yeah i would say he will start on the wing
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Wouldn't the ARU be better off spending all that money on development, they obviously have the cash, and obviously the depth can't be too good when they go about and try and buy a team with a promised Wallaby jersey.

I haven't seen him play much, but how good is Queensland flyhalf Quade Cooper? Because I read that he is considered a prospect for Australia in the upcoming Tests and possibily the World Cup. Not bad considering he has only had a handfull of Super 14 games

I suppose they see he is New Zealand born, so he must be the next Dan Carter.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Worst showboating ever...

A lesson hopefully learned for London Irish's Juan Manuel Leguizamon. Don't get clever til you've scored....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1914XF8afo

They did manage to win 16-13 tho, so he wasn't stoned to death by his team-mates.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    A lesson hopefully learned for London Irish's Juan Manuel Leguizamon. Don't get clever til you've scored....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1914XF8afo

They did manage to win 16-13 tho, so he wasn't stoned to death by his team-mates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Hipkiss you absolute legend

Bit closer than I'd have thought.

Result of the day has to be Saints in Biarritz tho. 7-6, a proper old fashioned arm wrestle.

International Vice-Captain Anna's Avatar
    Bit late but......

Bath 51-12 Bristol

Result.

Anyway. Chris Malone has signed for Quins next season, which leads me to think that the rumours about Chris Paterson signing have more substance than first thought....

COME ON YOU BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"One day lad, all this will be yours"
    "What, the curtains?"

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Just booked my tickets for Leciester V that welsh side i can't spell.

Can't wait, I'm tryin to get a picture of Tim Stimpson ironed onto the back/front of my shirt as i'm sitting in the Welsh section

Enough with the League recruits says Mortlock

From Planet Rugby.

Man has a point. Very few have been unqualified successes & they're costing the ARU a pretty penny.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    From the Daily Telegraph today
    Time to test Tuqiri

By David Campese

April 20, 2007 12:00
    Article from: The Daily Telegraph

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

THE Wallabies need Chris Latham. Unless he recovers from major knee surgery and hits top form in double quick time then Australia's chances of winning the World Cup will be as fruitless as the search to find his replacement at fullback.

Who can Wallaby selectors turn to as a stopgap for the opening three Tests of the season next month against Wales and Fiji, and for the Tri-Nations series to follow?

Drew Mitchell has been playing at No. 15 for the Western Force and continues to blow hot and cold.

The Brumbies have used Julian Huxley and Adam Ashley-Cooper. Huxley would struggle at Test level in my opinion and while Ashley-Cooper has shown promise in the position, the Brumbies have not given him enough time there to press his claims.

Peter Hewat at NSW has struggled with his defence in recent weeks and league convert Clinton Schifcofske has shown in a struggling Reds outfit that he still has a way to go.

Another contender would be Cameron Shepherd at the Force but the Perth franchise has been using him to great effect on the wing.

So who to choose?

I would take a left-field option and hand the jumper to Lote Tuqiri, the only player who can come close to matching the running game Latham gives the Wallabies.

But I would also pick two players with experience at fullback on the wings – Shepherd and Mark Gerrard – so the three of them could rotate at various times.

Tuqiri could fill the fullback spot in attack with Gerrard or Shepherd, who are both long punters of the ball, moving there for set pieces in defence so they can return any opposition kicks.

The only other genuine wing contenders would be Rathbone and Mitchell. Rathbone seems to be battling to find his old pace. It might have something to do with the injuries he's been carrying.

Mitchell is a genuine speedster but I would probably leave him on the bench because he would add nothing to the kicking game of the back three. Given Tuqiri is not great with the boot it would be unwise to risk a second non-kicker.

At outside centre Stirling Mortlock selects himself. The worry there is that Mortlock has been prone to injury in recent seasons. A lot of it can be traced to his fearless and aggressive approach.

But there must also be concerns that Father Time is catching up with him, as it is with other senior players including Stephen Larkham.

Another problem area is inside centre. Berrick Barnes at Queensland is a good young player but he appears to get rattled too easily at this stage of his career.

Gene Fairbanks at the Brumbies is not of international standard and the No. 12 for last year's November Test against Scotland, Scott Staniforth, is not a ball player.

Australia needs another playmaker alongside Larkham at five-eighth so my choice would be Morgan Turinui. He is out injured at the moment and may struggle to get in but he at least has some natural flair about his game, even if coaches seem intent on turning him into a midfield crash-ball runner.

Larkham is another certainty at No. 10. God knows what the Wallabies will do if he gets injured because the next generation have not yet arrived.

Halfback is a no brainer. Matt Giteau has to be there. The selectors would be crazy to go any other way.

George Gregan does not threaten the defence and there is no way any team will win this World Cup unless they have attacking options in every backline position.

Rival sides do not worry about Gregan because they know he will not run the ball and, if he does, lacks the pace to do any serious damage.

Connolly needs to bite the bullet on George because if he leaves him at the scrumbase our World Cup chances will sink even further.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    No way should Tuqiri be playing fullback, Cam Shephard is the way to go. The guy has had a great season and has been a very solid player in past years.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    What's the reaction back home to Hayman leaving?

Thread Information