• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see though, the World Cup later this year should be the closest ever. Any one of six teams can win it IMO. Them being NZ, Aus, SA, France, England, Ireland obviously.
I can't see any side winning it outside SA and NZ and maybe a outside shot would be France. Australia and England are crap and Ireland IMO don't have the side to win. I reckon its just going to be two way traffic.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
**** me, England were dire.. I reckon we'd have put 80 past them if we didn't have to put up with Januarie and his errors... Makes up slightly for Twickers anyway.. Really annoyed I was told it was a sell out, I'd have gone otherwise :@

Why did England give a load of 25+'s debuts?.. Do they have no good young players whatsoever?? Or are they injured?

Loved Habana's try, Monty and Schalk back to their best one feels..
As I pointed out earlier:

without 35 players from Bath, Leicester & Wasps
We weren't exactly shuffling with a full pack (pun intended).

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All Blacks not doing too badly against France, a couple of wee injury concerns.

Perm

Chabal and Durant were the best French players IMO, although that didn't stop us from giving them a good pasting. I was just happy that they managed to cross our line. Still plenty of work for Graham Henry to do, I'll be watching Australia vs Wales with some excitement.

Fiery

Banned
Taking the Wallies by plenty here. They won't be giving the taffs a 17 point start this week, surely?
Still a pretty ****house Aussie line up though, especially the backline. Guys like Huxley shouldn't be playing test rugby imo

Perm

Still a pretty ****house Aussie line up though, especially the backline. Guys like Huxley shouldn't be playing test rugby imo
Huxley definately not. He had a good season but isn't up to the required standard, Norton-Knight on the other hand I rate quite highly.

Craig

World Traveller
What about Matt 'Where's the pies?' Dunning?

Paul Honiess the ref. I like the free flowing ones, unlike some of some South Africian or other European refs who call on the slightest thing.

Fiery

Banned
Huxley definately not. He had a good season but isn't up to the required standard, Norton-Knight on the other hand I rate quite highly.
I don't know why you rate Norton-Knight. I big part of being a decent 1st 5 is the ability to pass both ways, Norton-Knight can't pass to his right and is susceptible to brain-explosions like the Tuqiri-push incident. He's ordinary imo, but at least Larkham's playing now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not first choice Wales either tho. Mind you, they'll do better than we will later. Can't recall looking forward to an English test less.

Fiery

Banned
Not first choice Wales either tho. Mind you, they'll do better than we will later. Can't recall looking forward to an English test less.
Yeah these tours are becoming a bit of a joke really. The WC has way too much influence on the game these days

Perm

I don't know why you rate Norton-Knight. I big part of being a decent 1st 5 is the ability to pass both ways, Norton-Knight can't pass to his right and is susceptible to brain-explosions like the Tuqiri-push incident. He's ordinary imo, but at least Larkham's playing now.
He has the potential to be the next Larkham IMO. If the Waratahs give him a decent amount of gametime at flyhalf then he'll be able to do it, they need to stop using him on the wing or at inside centre.

Fiery

Banned
He has the potential to be the next Larkham IMO. If the Waratahs give him a decent amount of gametime at flyhalf then he'll be able to do it, they need to stop using him on the wing or at inside centre.
Can't see him getting close to being as good as Larkham tbh, doesn't have any vision and lacks basic ball skills that come natural to Larkham