• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Molehill

International Captain

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If Farrell plays this weekend, and cops a high shot, the player penalised/sanctioned should be let off under mitigating circumstances. Those circumstances being Farrell should be suspended and not playing.
I'd have thought Farrell's punchable face was enough of a mitigant.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Disciplinary Board was entirely Australian - draw your own conclusions!!
Correct & they got it completely wrong

Just another example of why rugby fans in this country have no faith in the administration of the game in Australia

Bizarro world that our incompetence has benefited England this time but sums up how completely out of touch these people are

ripper868

International Coach
Vunipola now in trouble, I've not seen the replay yet, but being that's he's English, Penalty try England and automatic qualification to the RWC Semi-Finals with a 15 points start.

Edit: almost worse than Farrell's tbh. Porter dipping a bit but with no wrap etc, only one way it can go. Deserved Red.

Heboric

International Debutant
Vunipola now in trouble, I've not seen the replay yet, but being that's he's English, Penalty try England and automatic qualification to the RWC Semi-Finals with a 15 points start.

Edit: almost worse than Farrell's tbh. Porter dipping a bit but with no wrap etc, only one way it can go. Deserved Red.
Yep, it was a red all day long

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Wales to get drubbed out if the World Cup poste haste on that performance or a SA in God mode again?

ashley bach

International Captain
Didn't see the game, but that's a paddlin'.

Can't honestly recall the ABs going down by 4 scores ever.
Also can't remember a scoreline like this in over 40 years following rugby.
Caught the second half radio commentary and it sounded horrible, could hardly win a line-out off their own throw and spilt the ball multiple times.
Sounds like the Springboks played brilliantly in the first half though. Only a warm up game but they're looking good just at the right time.

ripper868

International Coach
Just catching the highlights now, Barret should get a lengthy ban for his 2nd yellow just before half time, dropping a shoulder into a blokes head who is prone on the ground when a ruck is basically over is turgid.

Boks looked great, NZ looked the worst I've ever seen, the offload to Arendse for the 2nd try was comical.

Probably need to catch the full replay but I'm sure NZ will be happy that one is out of the system before the big dance.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Turgid?

Definitely some All Blacks living on past glories in this team. Just don't think the team's that well coached either.

ripper868

International Coach
Couple bottles of red and the words just spew forth.

Do get somewhat of a 2007 vibe from the ABs this time round though, we all know they are good, and can probably still win the whole thing, but aren't quote the 5 planes above everyone good this time around.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
We haven't lost against Fidge since, well, ever.

Honestly how bad do things have to get before the RFU realises they've dropped a bollock with Borthwick?

17-8 doesn't flatter the Fijians either.