• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mate that's every Wallabies era which isn't 1986-2003, when an accident of history saw a bereft, toff-heavy, private school wanker-infused system actually produce a crop of decent players all at once. We're basically the West Indies cricket team of world rugby - historically also-rans for whom the stars aligned for a golden era* or two.

*see also, Parramatta Eels.

Aritro

International Regular
Mate that's every Wallabies era which isn't 1986-2003, when an accident of history saw a bereft, toff-heavy, private school wanker-infused system actually produce a crop of decent players all at once. We're basically the West Indies cricket team of world rugby - historically also-rans for whom the stars aligned for a golden era or two.
Yeah that's literally the only period I've ever watched rugby/the Wallabies, which might have skewed my perspective

Heboric

International Debutant
Which bit did he spoil? I'm sure Rassie will have a video on it soon (omitting RSA neck rolls of course) but if you're referring to the PSDT red card, it was 100% the correct call.
Not the red cards they were fine, it was the last 15 minutes he stank. The sudden yellow card especially after the period where France were continuingly giving away penalties near their line, the triple movement that led to the try. Dont need to be Rassie, even Stevie Wonder could have seen it if he watched the game and knew the laws of the game. There are laws for a reason

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to Portugal.

That said, Samuel Marques isn't the most Portuguese name I've ever heard.

Saffer, I guess? Seems to be quite a few South Africans with Portuguese antecedents, presumably because of proximity to Mozambique (and Angola too, I suppose) and the white flight after the former Portuguese colonies became independent.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Fair play to Portugal.

Saffer, I guess? Seems to be quite a few South Africans with Portuguese antecedents, presumably because of proximity to Mozambique (and Angola too, I suppose) and the white flight after the former Portuguese colonies became independent.
He's actually from France, career top14 player. Same part of the country that produced Dupont and Aldritt apperently.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Fair play to Portugal.

Apparently he's learned his rugby in France and was born in the town of Condom in Armagnac

ripper868

International Coach
Italy/RSA still close after 25, willing contest, Boks have put the big boys out as well. cracking stadium it's being played at as well.

ripper868

International Coach
Wales/Georgia becoming a match for why Georgia should be in the 6 nations.

Something that gets my goat right now, every time a team gets penalty advantage they almost immediately go for the cross field kick...surely keeping it in hand and playing with zero consequence is better than a hit n hope.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Something that gets my goat right now, every time a team gets penalty advantage they almost immediately go for the cross field kick...surely keeping it in hand and playing with zero consequence is better than a hit n hope.
Defences are so good that generally you don’t get enough and can lose the advantage. Whereas the kick can get you farther almost instantly or just give you the penalty. It’s boring but better percentages.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
SA try from kick off really knocked Italy over here, probably won't be a video from Rassie this week :(
He is banned so no participation allowed! It does consistently amuse me that they keep banning him for daring to openly criticise but never actually contradict the actual criticism.

ripper868

International Coach
Defences are so good that generally you don’t get enough and can lose the advantage. Whereas the kick can get you farther almost instantly or just give you the penalty. It’s boring but better percentages.
Yeah I get that, but with penalty advantages seeming to be unlimited these days, you might as well keep it in hand - that'd be my direction as coach anyway, but I'm not an international coach ;)

ripper868

International Coach
Scotland/Argentina shaping to be alot of fun.

Well...it did...can't argue with that red card under the framework of today.

Last edited: