• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

ripper868

International Coach
Italy deserved it tbf, Capuozzo is a superstar. Felt for Donaldson missing the kick on debut to win it.

Loving these weekends of rugby, looking forward to France/Boks, hoping Pumas can get back in this Wales game after that charge down.

Also, congrats to the NZ ladies, decent crowd for the final as well!

Aritro

International Regular
I'm not a rugby regular. Comments on Youtube suggest the Italians are "building something special". What does that mean in this context? Are they any good or likely to become so?

ripper868

International Coach
The team that won today is young, a lot of the core 'stars' of theirs are 22-4 years old, so will be around for 2-3 world cups - I don't think they are at a level where they'll threaten the world cup, but they have improved significantly - a win like this would be 1 in 15 years for them normally, but this is the 2nd 'big; scalp they've taken this year (beating Wales in the 6 nations this year as well) - so I'd say the 'something special' comments relate to some of the individual brilliance they have, as they've often had 1-2 guys carrying them (Parisse, Castrogiovanni) - but now seem to have a group of 6-7 that would be in consideration to be classed as properly international standard players, rtaher than jsut shirt fillers.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not a rugby regular. Comments on Youtube suggest the Italians are "building something special". What does that mean in this context? Are they any good or likely to become so?
They are improving a lot after being dreadful for a long time. They also had a good win over Wales (in Wales) at the start of the year. Unfortunately they are in the same Rugby World Cup pool as France and NZ, so won't go through.

ripper868

International Coach
Shame this card comes so early, and don't think this is usually in PSDT wheelhouse, but can't argue with that red.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Also yeah Capuzzo is legit.

What's notable here is that both tries come from the same backline move of switching over 3-4 sets of hands from behind the 10 to stack the openside. This is actually pretty new from Italy, I don't think I've seen them do this in the six nations, so maybe they thought this is just how to get around Australia?

ripper868

International Coach
This France/ RSA match becoming a classic, can't argue with ADP's red either, and suddenly, 1 point game with 25 to go. cracking atmosphere as well.

ripper868

International Coach
Game spoilt by that **** ref Wayne Barnes, hideous individual
Which bit did he spoil? I'm sure Rassie will have a video on it soon (omitting RSA neck rolls of course) but if you're referring to the PSDT red card, it was 100% the correct call.

the big bambino

International Captain
Congratulations to the Wallabies who successfully chalked up their first ever defeat to the Italians.
Italy beat Australia in the rugby but fail to make the soccer WC Australia's qualified. Personally think this is a great result and may there be many more humiliations for the wallabies and the sleazebags running the sport here.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rugby Australia playing 4D chess

Most won’t know that the Wallabies were beaten by Italy as they are buried on a two bit streaming platform

Aritro

International Regular
Rugby Australia playing 4D chess

Most won’t know that the Wallabies were beaten by Italy as they are buried on a two bit streaming platform
Haha, I've decided to start watching rugby because I want to make the extortionate fees I pay to Stan Sports to otherwise watch a few Champions League matches worth it. I'm probably the only person in Australia who's now watching more rugby than they used to since they moved to Stan Sports.

After beating France the other day I'd rather thought I'd caught them on an upturn so this latest reverse is a bit unfortunate.

Also I learned yesterday while reading the paper on the ****ter that the Wallabies don't pick anyone who plays club rugby overseas. Fantastic policy, well thought out. It worked so well for Scottish football back in the day when they stopped picking anyone good.

Last edited:

ashley bach

International Captain
Haha, I've decided to start watching rugby because I want to make the extortionate fees I pay to Stan Sports to otherwise watch a few Champions League matches worth it. I'm probably the only person in Australia who's now watching more rugby than they used to since they moved to Stan Sports.

After beating France the other day I'd rather thought I'd caught them on an upturn so this latest reverse is a bit unfortunate.

Also I learned yesterday while reading the paper on the ****ter that the ARU doesn't pick anyone who plays club rugby overseas. Fantastic policy, well thought out. It worked so well for Scottish football back in the day when they stopped picking anyone good.
Good to see you making use of Stan sports. They didn't beat France the other day, they lost 30-29 at the death.