Page 3 of 262 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    It's just a totally different world with you ladies in the backs, isn't it?

My best features are my scars!
    My best features are the features on my face and I want them to stay that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Well Simon and Xavier hit on all the females but the ladies all want Kenny :naughty:
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    all 3 of them?

Game for Rugby fans:

http://www.gameof3halves.com/

Caution: Very addictive

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman
    Game for Rugby fans:

http://www.gameof3halves.com/

Caution: Very addictive
    oh yeah ive played this heaps before

A nice game
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Just saw in the paper that Justin Marshall has signed for Leeds Tykes, due to start next (English) season.

He'll still be available for Tri-nations & Lions tests, but (presumably) after that's it for him AB wise. Says he's "looking for new challenge" which I think translates as "big pay packet before I retire".

Is he gonna be missed? ABs didn't seem to miss him too much in the autumn!
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Just saw in the paper that Justin Marshall has signed for Leeds Tykes, due to start next (English) season.

He'll still be available for Tri-nations & Lions tests, but (presumably) after that's it for him AB wise. Says he's "looking for new challenge" which I think translates as "big pay packet before I retire".

Is he gonna be missed? ABs didn't seem to miss him too much in the autumn!
    It has to be. The NZRU has a policy that you have to be playing in NZ to be considered for selection.

As to whether he is going to be missed? Not too much. Kelleher (although prone to inconsistency) is a combative wee fella, and Weepu is very much in the mould of Marshall, although with a better pass. He just has to work on his option taking.

Kelleher impressed me in the autumn. I'd always had him down as very much a "second-string" All-Black (plays the mid-week non-cap games type of player), but took his chance well. I haven't seen too much of Weepu, so can't really comment. It said in article I read JM was "rested" against his will, so maybe he saw the selectors thoughts turning to other options.

With regards to not picking Kiwis playing abroad, do you reckon that will ever be overturned? I can see the logic (ring-fencing the quality of your provincial & Super-12/14 teams), but it does mean a lotta blokes having to decide between international Rugby (or international Rugby for NZ at least!) & financial stability. The Saffies used to have same rule, but SARFU overturned it when things went really pear-shaped for the Springboks.

Kelleher impressed me in the autumn. I'd always had him down as very much a "second-string" All-Black (plays the mid-week non-cap games type of player), but took his chance well. I haven't seen too much of Weepu, so can't really comment. It said in article I read JM was "rested" against his will, so maybe he saw the selectors thoughts turning to other options.

With regards to not picking Kiwis playing abroad, do you reckon that will ever be overturned? I can see the logic (ring-fencing the quality of your provincial & Super-12/14 teams), but it does mean a lotta blokes having to decide between international Rugby (or international Rugby for NZ at least!) & financial stability. The Saffies used to have same rule, but SARFU overturned it when things went really pear-shaped for the Springboks.
    It's a decision that won't reverse for a long time. I think there's a lot more emphasis in the last few years on combinations in All Black rugby (even on last year's tour, a pair like Umaga and Smith had played together a bit before Smith debuted), and aside from that, it's a logistical pain in the backside in terms of flying players back etc. Flights to South Africa wouldn't be quite as long as one to the Antipodes I would guess.

In terms of financial stability, a player who plays Super 12 and NPC could make about $100,000 while most All Blacks would hit the $200,000 with bonuses etc included.

Just saw in today's paper that Dale McDermott, the Springboks' former technical analyst, has been found dead in his home in Durban from an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. RIP.

Tragic story all round; he was the "whistleblower" who realeased the pics of The Boks shivering butt naked in freezing cold water at the now infamous Kamp Staaldraad before the '03 World Cup. This, according to the report I read, made him an outcast &, unable to secure work in Rugby, he ended his days as a used car salesman.

Pinball Champion!
    Wow.. Kamp Staaldraad was absolutely terrible and its sad to see this happen Really bad, RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Vice-Captain Anna's Avatar
    Tis not going well for Bath atm....against Bourgoin on Saturday only 21 players are fit and registered to play in the Heineken Cup. All of the 6 replacements are forwards and neither of the wings are really wingers- Mike Baxter is the academy scrum half and Michael Lipman is first choice as open-side flanker!! Oh dear. I just hope all of the injured return before the Internationals start....they'll be really stuffed if Beastie, Grewcock, Borthers, Barkley and Tins all disappear & no-one's fit enough to replace them!

COME ON YOU BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"One day lad, all this will be yours"
    "What, the curtains?"

It's all gone a bit Pete Tong for most of the English clubs in the Heineken this year. The Saints should make the quarters as best runners-up, but they may be the only ones.

V surprised to see Leicester get d1cked at home last Sunday, thought they'd turned a corner after the Wasps wins.

Pinball Champion!
    God.. Saw my grandad today who is completely cenile, out of his head.. Very funny though..

I told him I won the Inter School Badminton competition last year and was hoping to make it a bit higher, and he said

"Well Richard, thank god you are playing that.. Yes, badminton.. a mans sport.. Not like that Rugby, horrible game.. An awful thugs game.. Yes well done Richard"

Ah the irony...

Jonno not touring with Lions...probably...

So Martin Johnson has called a press conference to announce his testimonial will take place at Twickers the same day as The Lions play their first tour match in NZ.

Says Stuart Henry, a member of the testimonial committee: "It can be taken as a fair assumption that Martin's involvement in the Twickenham fixture will mean he will not be going on the British Lions tour."

Experts in double speak will note that:

a) Johnson himself didn't say it; &
    b) It's not the most categorical denial ever "It can be taken as a fair assumption that..." isn't "Under no circumstances will Martin be seeking to crown his career by winning a Lions series in New Zealand for only the second time ever"

I remain cautiously optimistic

Page 3 of 262 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information