• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
This is going to be tough on Ireland. With NZ normally superior fitness coming into play in the last 20 min. Could become a really drubbing.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ok wow, after that shocking first 20, they've certainly turned it around. I stand by my comments on the forwards in general though, especially the back row. This pack will be bulldozed playing the Poms, Springboks and French.

James

Cricket Web Owner
And to be fair even the commentary team and Dan Coles were giving it to them around the time of my post

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Terrible game of rugby. Better 2nd half and a lot of guts from Australia. Rennie is a quality coach and they are a team on the rise.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Fantastic from the Wallabies, that never say die attitude shining through. After the performance of the Brumbies and their Super Rugby teams in general , it isn't surprising. Hope they can keep it going .

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Galaxy brain move by Wales to kick possession away with 20 seconds to go when they were 13 v 15.
Yup. Worst bit of game management since Brice Dulin opted not to kick the ball out with 81 minutes on the clock versus your chaps in last year's Six Nations.

All yer Leekists had to do was hold the ball for thirty seconds.

Heboric

International Debutant
That Australia vs England game illustrated the part of rugby I dont like where one player is an irritating **** throughout the game by doing little things then opposing player has had enough and then retaliates and gets caught (most rugby players havent got zen like monk qualities)

Helluva game... Bokke got away with it in the end.
FIrst half wasnt to great, I am surprised Elton was picked considering that airplane incident...
Wales only blame themselves, that last quarter was the most cynical play I have seen in a while

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Ok wow, after that shocking first 20, they've certainly turned it around. I stand by my comments on the forwards in general though, especially the back row. This pack will be bulldozed playing the Poms, Springboks and French.
Poms just got sent by Straya (who I really like tbh).

The biggest issue has been our scrum rather than size/athleticism imo. Our scrum did better than I expected. Hope it continues.

Was at the game. Pretty fun night out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That Australia vs England game illustrated the part of rugby I dont like where one player is an irritating **** throughout the game by doing little things then opposing player has had enough and then retaliates and gets caught (most rugby players havent got zen like monk like qualities)
Jonny Hill is a niggly wind up merchant who's beyond overrated. Pulling hair? Come on, that's what kids do in the playground.

Swain would've been quite within his rights to have decked the tool.

Hope Hill gets cited.

Dendarii

International Debutant
South Africa have made 14 changes to the starting team for the second match against Wales. The side might not be as experienced, but you can't say that it's any worse, which is a ridiculous amount of depth.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa have made 14 changes to the starting team for the second match against Wales. The side might not be as experienced, but you can't say that it's any worse, which is a ridiculous amount of depth.
The large squad building is really needed. And with the announcement of a 4 Test schedule end of year even more so. To think that a year before the last WC in 2018 could not think that SA could put a Bok team on ever again that would compete at the highest level... never mind what we have now.

James

Cricket Web Owner
What an shambles of a first half. Can't quite believe the scoreline.

As much as the general public are against Foster as coach, can't question the commitment of the team.