• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe an error rather than the usual English ill-discipline. We're usually dire at Murrayfield, so I found other ways to spend yesterday afternoon. Sounds like the better team won, which is as it should be.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Maybe an error rather than the usual English ill-discipline. We're usually dire at Murrayfield, so I found other ways to spend yesterday afternoon. Sounds like the better team won, which is as it should be.
Nah England were all over us first half. Basically spent the first 20 minutes camped in our 22 but could only put 3 points on the board, then conceded a try immediately the first time we got the ball in a decent area.

Then dominated the 2nd without putting clear daylight between the sides.

For Scotland, I guess it's a positive that we can now win games like that despite being outplayed; but I don't think we can afford to play as badly again if we've got ambitions of challenging for the title.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah England dominated the territory completely. Scotland were just trying to stay in the game, hoping to get some points out of nothing, and that's what they did.

Both sides' attacking play looked unambitious and dated compared to Ireland's earlier in the day, which is a big turnaround from the last WC. We're probably just peaking in the middle of a WC cycle as usual.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah England dominated the territory completely. Scotland were just trying to stay in the game, hoping to get some points out of nothing, and that's what they did.

Both sides' attacking play looked unambitious and dated compared to Ireland's earlier in the day, which is a big turnaround from the last WC. We're probably just peaking in the middle of a WC cycle as usual.
I thought our try and the penalty try came from really good attacking play tbf. We just didn't have enough of it.

Uppercut

I thought our try and the penalty try came from really good attacking play tbf. We just didn't have enough of it.
Yeah in one sense it’s impressive that you created more than England from so many fewer opportunities.

It’s more that Ireland were using some creative combinations I’ve not really seen before, and because I’ve not watched a lot of rugby lately I wasn’t sure whether other teams are using them too. Then England and Scotland weren’t.

Uppercut

Looked harsh to me, I thought he was pretty clearly going for the interception. Not sure what the rule conventions are there.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Looked harsh to me, I thought he was pretty clearly going for the interception. Not sure what the rule conventions are there.
i think they interpreted it as not having made an attempt to catch it and just to deliberately break up the play, which seemed fair enough to me

Niall

International Coach
I know Italy been rubbish isn't ideal for the six nations, but booting them out for South Africa is not the answer sadly.

It would be a disaster for them and tbf their younger teams have started to string some nice results together so we got to be patient.

South Africa in the six nations along with them? Meh. Six nations is pretty perfect , not sure if the SA lads would be keen from a workload POV but would obviously make them loads of money .

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I know Italy been rubbish isn't ideal for the six nations, but booting them out for South Africa is not the answer sadly.

It would be a disaster for them and tbf their younger teams have started to string some nice results together so we got to be patient.

South Africa in the six nations along with them? Meh. Six nations is pretty perfect , not sure if the SA lads would be keen from a workload POV but would obviously make them loads of money .
But, the money

_Ed_

Great to see Super Rugby Aupaki make its (belated) debut this evening. Will be following it with interest.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England's inherent ill-discipline leaves them a man down against an already superior Ireland side. This looks like being a long afternoon for their supporters. 40 point Irish win anyone?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't think it'll be quite that big a blow out, but it was just plain silly.

Can't honestly remember a more desperate start against anyone at Twickers.