• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What a last 5 minutes, although why France didn't stick the ball out I don't know.

How do you win at Twickenham and in Paris and not win the title FFS?

That Wales game is just more frustrating now.
Yup.

Credit to your chaps, but tonight we've seen the worst ever bit of game management.

The French turn the ball over ~5 metres from their own try line with over 81 minutes on the clock. Literally all Dulin had to do was kick the ball out to win.

Instead he opts to run, is tackled, the French seal the ball off in the ensuing ruck and it's a penalty to the Scots.

A lineout and 19 phases later Van Der Merwe is over in the corner.

Insanity.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's amazing to think that if a score or 2 had gone in their favour, any of the top 4 sides this year could have done the Slam.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, excellent news.

Entirely agree with BeeGee's estimation that "It should have happened 25 years ago" but it is wholly fantastic.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
**** me gently.

So much wrong with the squad, I can't even begin.

No ***ton, no Underhill, no Billy V, no May and, most egregiously, no Sinckler.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ali Price is an interesting choice...
Don't have a massive problem with him, tbf.

When Youngs made himself unavailable I reckon he was a shoo in, despite the chat around a last hurrah for Care.

Reckon he'll be the third choice #9 and play the midweek games.

More of an issue with Farrell and Daly getting the nod, both of whom have been selected on past glories. Farrell was dog**** throughout the Six Nations and Daly wasn't much better for the opening three games, but at least improved.

Think the Sinckler out and Hill in are the worst calls though. Hill isn't even one of the best five locks in England much less Britain and Ireland.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Don't have a massive problem with him, tbf.

When Youngs made himself unavailable I reckon he was a shoo in, despite the chat around a last hurrah for Care.

Reckon he'll be the third choice #9 and play the midweek games.

More of an issue with Farrell and Daly getting the nod, both of whom have been selected on past glories. Farrell was dog**** throughout the Six Nations and Daly wasn't much better for the opening three games, but at least improved.

Think the Sinckler out and Hill in are the worst calls though. Hill isn't even one of the best five locks in England much less Britain and Ireland.
I think particularly with George North out, Daly is good value for being able to play in the centres and in the back three as needed. Probably isn't very likely to start but definitely valuable for the touring squad as a whole. You can probably make a similar, although less strong, argument for Farrell and his ability to play both 10 and 12.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I am looking forward to this Lions tour. I hope it goes ahead and the worry of a third wave here in SA in July does not come to fruition.

I will be impressed if SA can win this series, as none of the SA players have played international rugby since the WC. Most have not even been part of any international franchise rugby.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really good game (long stoppages aside). I thought the Chiefs were in a good position there for a while, but **** the Crusaders are hard to beat.