• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Scotland!
With the ABs being so dreadful last year and now this from England, perhaps South Africa's tactic off not playing is a good one.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Have to say, I had a heart in mouth moment when Finn Russell got charged down with 30 seconds to go, was ****ing needless.

Should have been well outside if we could kick penalties.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Christ, England v Italy is a hard watch.

The current Azzurri are all kinds of awful, but England seem to have collectively forgotten the basics too.

V low quality fayre.

Niall

International Coach
France 2nd favs for the world cup now behind NZ, be fantastic if they could string it together in 2023.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
English discipline an oxymoron yet again, as they try to break their own record for number of penalties conceded.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have to say the call for the second Welsh try is possibly the most obviously wrong decision by an official I've ever seen.

At no point does Rees-Zammit have control of the ball and he knocks it forwards in the air. It then goes backwards off his thigh, but surely that doesn't nullify the original knock on.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Started watching this just after half time. Quite a decent game. Go Wales. Really can't get interested in Super Rugby before April, but 6N is pretty good.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Honestly we've pissed this away with indiscipline.

Claw our way back to 24-all and then promptly give away three kickable penalties in ten minutes.

Sigh. It's the hope.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I've never seen Genge do a single thing right, what is the point of him? Conceded a key penalty as soon as he came on and everything went to **** from there.

His hair ****ing sucks too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hate to single one man out, but Jonny Hill isn't a test lock's arsehole. Done well with the Chiefs, but desperately short (ironically for a bloke of 6' 9") at this level.
Standing by this. Bloke's just an oaf.

Playing next to Itoje throws it into sharper focus, but he's just too far off the pace to be effective.

Brain fart for the Welsh third too.

weeman27bob

International Regular
At the end of the day, I'm not disheartened with England's loss in that games - we generally looked pretty good in attack and there were at least three fluke events that you'd usually chalk just one up to having an bad luck more than anything else, so to have that many in one game is just unfortunate.

It doesn't seem like we've adapted to how the referees are applying the Laws at all though, and are giving away so many penalties as a result combined with poor discipline. We've nearly conceded as many penalties in three games as we did in the whole of the 2020 tournament.

It's frustrating given how good they've been in the last couple of years, but I think Curry and Itjoe need to adapt how they play the breakdown. Winning penalties from the opposite holding on at the breakdown are so much harder to do now and they've given away a lot of penalties trying

Niall

International Coach
:blink:

Where are South Africa?
I need to check but France have a good draw and are a seriously impressive team that many feel will peak in 2023 as they will be hosting in front of (fingers crossed) huge crowds.

They have not had a great week though with the fallout of covid.

Not much between the likes of NZ, France and South Africa at the moment is their?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Not much between the likes of NZ, France and South Africa at the moment is their?
The way NZ performed in 2020, I think they're well back in the pack now and have a lot of room for improvement. Certainly won't be clear favorites going in 2023 I don't think - especially in a Northern Hemisphere World Cup. Playing in France too brings back horrible memories.

Flem274*

123/5
im still fuming about that conversion not being given to the canes last night. we were just too indisciplined, and williams didn't want to send off blues players for doing exactly the same thing.

blues a very easy team to hate now. buying their way to success.

crusaders will put 40 on us next week if we play like that again.