• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Potential for controversy aside I'm not sure how many NRL clubs can afford him at this stage of the season. Even those with a space on their roster are unlikely to have room under the cap. The NRL won't allow any creative bookkeeping either.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Probably wash up in French union is my guess.

Great player, but it's a seriously twatty thing to do. Even aside from the horrendous homophobia, it's a completely 0% move to spray his ill-formed pseudo-religious inspired claptrap over social media.

Just waiting for some Alt-right and/or religious ****tard to hold him up as some kind of martyr too.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually think he'll quit sport before long. Seems to be b-lining towards the life of a hermit preacher.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Apologies if this appears to be "bible bashing" but context is important.

As a Christian I believe he was sincere in what he wrote, but also very foolish and incredibly insensitive. He obviously cares for people and wants them to come to Christ, even to the extent of damaging his career and vastly limiting his income stream, but he has used scripture in a hurtful way, to harm rather than to heal. However, Christians are told to speak to truth in love and to be wise in what we do and say. Folau sadly sounds judgemental and is preaching the bad news without sharing the good. He was also grossly in breach of his contract and appeared to be pointing

The bible tells us ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and that the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life (Romans 6:23). It also tells us that if we declare with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in our heart that God raised him from the dead (Romans 10:23) we will be saved. God wants ALL people to come to salvation and none to perish (2 Peter 3:9; 1 Timothy 2:4). Had Folau posted something like the above he'd still be in a job.

Anyway, sermon over.

Here's to an All Black threepeat at the RWC this year.

the big bambino

International Captain
Probably wash up in French union is my guess.

Great player, but it's a seriously twatty thing to do. Even aside from the horrendous homophobia, it's a completely 0% move to spray his ill-formed pseudo-religious inspired claptrap over social media.

Just waiting for some Alt-right and/or religious ****tard to hold him up as some kind of martyr too.
I think the outrage mob are doing that job all by themselves.

ripper868

International Coach
The GAGFC XV.

15. Israel Folau (c)
14. James O'Connor
12. Stuart Barnes
10. Butch James (Duncan McRae Honourable mention)
5. Bakkies Botha
1. Richard Loe (vc)

Plenty of room for others. Many positions left purposefully blank. Did consider Schalk Burger but I'm sure there are some French loosies whod give him a run in the gouging stakes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No "See You Next Tuesday" XV would be complete without Schalk Burger. Great back rower, absolute grub of a player.

Closer to home Dylan Hartley must be there or thereabouts too. He actually comes across as a thoughtful, considered kind of chap who speaks very well about the game, but must've clocked up nearly a year in bans.

ripper868

International Coach
GAGFC XV

15. Israel Folau (c)
14. James O'Connor
13. Will Carling
12. Stuart Barnes
6. Schalk Burger
5. Bakkies Botha
4. Jamie Cudmore
2. Dylan Hartley / Sean Fitpatrick
1. Richard Loe (vc)

Added.

Would like thoughts on following:
Aaron Smith at #9 - the toilet incident enough along with his constant reffing? Surely other 9s escaping my memory are more worthy.

Mike Tindall - The Zara thing at 2011, probably not enough to oust Barnes from #12 in the **** stakes for mine.

Jamie Cudmore. **** of highest order by most accounts, at least for on the field ****ery - putting him in to Partner Backies.

Please carry on, would look to follow up with a "good egg XV" but way too many candidates to make that feasible.

Anyway, hit us with your worst of the worst ****s to have worn a national jersey

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I mean Aaron Smith is probably a bit of a dick and his cackling is hilarious but I don't think he's done anything particularly worthy. The toilet incident - honestly that's just a private mess up in a relationship, I don't think it necessarily carries over.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
GAGFC XV

15. Israel Folau (c)
14. James O'Connor
13. Will Carling
12. Stuart Barnes
6. Schalk Burger
5. Bakkies Botha
4. Jamie Cudmore
2. Dylan Hartley / Sean Fitpatrick
1. Richard Loe (vc)

Added.

Would like thoughts on following:
Aaron Smith at #9 - the toilet incident enough along with his constant reffing? Surely other 9s escaping my memory are more worthy.

Mike Tindall - The Zara thing at 2011, probably not enough to oust Barnes from #12 in the **** stakes for mine.

Jamie Cudmore. **** of highest order by most accounts, at least for on the field ****ery - putting him in to Partner Backies.

Please carry on, would look to follow up with a "good egg XV" but way too many candidates to make that feasible.

Anyway, hit us with your worst of the worst ****s to have worn a national jersey
I know aussies hate Fitzzy, but I'd go with his opposite from the 1994 SA tour of NZ, Henry Tromp. He lost the plot with Fitzy and bit him on the ear. And, a fun fact? A year earlier, he was convicted of manslaughter in 1993 after a farm labourer died from injuries sustained during a beating for "disciplinary reasons". So that's not great.

Dendarii

International Debutant
I know aussies hate Fitzzy, but I'd go with his opposite from the 1994 SA tour of NZ, Henry Tromp. He lost the plot with Fitzy and bit him on the ear. And, a fun fact? A year earlier, he was convicted of manslaughter in 1993 after a farm labourer died from injuries sustained during a beating for "disciplinary reasons". So that's not great.
It was actually prop Johan le Roux who was the one who bit Fitzpatrick's ear - https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/wellington/69240209/null. Tromp's manslaughter proves that he wasn't the nicest person, but I don't know if he had a particularly bad on-field disciplinary record.

Last edited: