• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
tell me more about this conspiracy
It is not really conspiracy theory; it is shown that refs/umpires have an unintentional bias towards home team and favoured teams (not just rugby). Reason that large home crowds can make a difference. Why is a bit of a mystery but it is the way 50/50 calls tend to go. But in general this is small a % and does not make a big difference to outcome of matches.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Same as it works any other time?

Be behind the last man's feet in the ruck, otherwise you're offside.

Laws clearly a good foot offside. Not sure what's so controversial about that.
That's what was confusing me. I always thought it was the ball that defined offisde.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Made the mistake of watching a replay of the Wallabies

**** we are awful

I’m not deluded enough to believe that there’s an untapped well of talent to replace the current crop but it’s a sorry indictment on all concerned that you can’t name a single player that’s improved in the last 2 years

The entire coaching team should be sacked but the ARU allegedly can’t afford to pay them out

Good times

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Boks are about where I thought they were...slowly getting better, but not good enough. Feel that the Northern Rugby teams are stronger than they have been for many a year, which does please me. And NZ are losing their aura after the older greats retired and clear vulnerabilities are being observed with the current team.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Boks are about where I thought they were...slowly getting better, but not good enough.
I think the World Cup might have come too soon for the Springboks. There's definitely been an improvement, but not enough to be genuine contenders, at least not yet.

Niall

International Coach
That statement from Joe Schmidt was surprising, not that he was leaving Ireland after the world cup but he was stepping down from coaching, everyone assumed he would take the NZ job.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Just finished watching the France vs Wales 6N game. Must say I was extremely impressed with how France totally f*cked it up at the end. :laugh:

Niall

International Coach
Every six nations, its the same debate, what to do with Italy?

I know some suggest a promotion/relegation thing with the next tier, but I doubt many six nations side would agree to that in case and it unlikely they finish last one year. Imagine the fall out if France lost to Georgia for example!

But their simply is not enough space in the year for 7 nations.

Feel for Georgia.