• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It could’ve been worse, he could’ve missed a penalty from inside the 22 and dead in front of the posts 5 minutes before.

Oh, wait...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So does anybody even give a damn about the rugby this coming weekend? I forgot it was even happening until 10 min ago...

Heboric

International Debutant
So does anybody even give a damn about the rugby this coming weekend? I forgot it was even happening until 10 min ago...
I am not jumping up and down in anticipation, but beating the Poms in England should be considered a good achievement. Ill watch it.
Plus Eddie Jones was flapping his gums on how easy it is to beat the Boks. So hope that gives motivation to the Boks to perform

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I am not jumping up and down in anticipation, but beating the Poms in England should be considered a good achievement. Ill watch it.
Plus Eddie Jones was flapping his gums on how easy it is to beat the Boks. So hope that gives motivation to the Boks to perform
Do you have a link for Jones' comments?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There's no way yer Boks should've lost that test.

If Malcolm Marx hadn't thrown like grandpa Groucho SA would've been out of sight by half time.

Farrell was a wee bit lucky with the final tackle on Esterhuizen too. There was the merest gesture towards wrapping his left arm, but no arms were involved in the contact.

Credit to England for hanging in there, but NZ aren't going to be quite such generous guests next Sat.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It was a horrible horrible test.... not a good advertisement for Rugby in any way. Boks much to up and down at the moment, no consistency in player and thus team performance really

James

Cricket Web Owner
Can someone explain that one? How does the offside line work in a situation like that?
When a scrum half attempts to retrieve the ball from a ruck, the ball is not out until that player has picked the ball up from the ground.

This is what is doing the rounds across the NZ Rugby groups I'm on.

rugby.jpg

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It was off side. He was one step to early. Problem is that offside is not normally called correctly on or off field. Players get away with quite a bit.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Can someone explain that one? How does the offside line work in a situation like that?
Same as it works any other time?

Be behind the last man's feet in the ruck, otherwise you're offside.

Laws clearly a good foot offside. Not sure what's so controversial about that.