• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Flem274*

123/5
that was awesome. really really awesome game. will watch again.

i look forward to endless unbiased and impartial barrett v mo'unga debate on social media

Dendarii

International Debutant
Quite honestly, I thought the best South Africa could hope for was to make New Zealand work for their victory. I certainly never imagined that they would come out on top. That is most incredible Bok win I have ever seen. You don't beat the All Blacks in New Zealand with only 24% possession and making over 200 tackles - you just don't.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Epic match, watched it at The Palace Hotel in the city with a whole bunch of All Blacks supporters. Placed cleared out on mass pretty quickly after the result with a lot of swearing and carrying on.

Coaches certainly need to find a solution to the goal kicking as it will cost us World Cup time as it did with the Lions series.

Barrett.png

Last edited:

Heboric

International Debutant
Quite honestly, I thought the best South Africa could hope for was to make New Zealand work for their victory. I certainly never imagined that they would come out on top. That is most incredible Bok win I have ever seen. You don't beat the All Blacks in New Zealand with only 24% possession and making over 200 tackles - you just don't.
And being 12 - 0 down.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Do Argentina have a shot at winning this thing?
Mathematically they do, but it would need an extremely unlikely set of results.

The log stands as follows:

New Zealand - 16 points (pd 73)
South Africa - 10 points (pd -3)
Argentina - 8 points (pd -18)
Australia - 5 points (pd -52)

So just one victory will pretty much seal it for New Zealand. There is a scenario that could give South Africa the title even if that happens, but because of the disparity in points difference they'd have to have some huge winning margins that aren't realistic.

South Africa can win if they beat Australia and New Zealand, with New Zealand also losing to Argentina and not picking up bonus points in both losses.

For Argentina to win, New Zealand and South Africa would have to draw, New Zealand not get any bonus points, and they'd also need some unrealistic winning margins.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Great weekend for rugby. Congrats to the Boks and Pumas. Unless Australia can win away they will get the wooden spoon in the RC for the first time.

As an AB fan hopefully Brodie Retallick is fit for the RWC - clearly the best player in the world (Ben Smith is 2nd best).

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Next year's world cup looks like it'll be fun. New Zealand the favourites but no longer absurdly dominant, Ireland looking great, Scotland, Wales and Argentina all making decent progress and South Africa finally showing some potential. If England and Australia get their **** together and Fiji and Japan maintain their recent competitiveness, it could be the most wide-open tournament ever. It's just a pity that France still look pretty tame.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia were so poor last night. Such a hard team to support
Some of the Wallabies must be candidates for being the most overpaid athletes in the world as it's inexcusable for full-time athletes to have such little command of the fundamentals