• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Now that wasn't very clever from Trinh-Duc. Kick clearly the option there.

Boks looking impressive now. Think basing the team on the Lions has legs.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't think there's been any calls the French could gripe about tho.

Jantjies's kicking has been exemplary, but one of his mates needs to have a word about that Barnet. Come on, Elton, son...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
"Mercurial" is probably as good an adjective to describe French rugby generally as any, but part of me always thinks if they could get a steady stand off instead of their brand of talented-but-flaky 10s they'd be so much better.

NZ generally preferred Mehrtens to Spencer and England Andrew to Barnes. Consistency is a strength.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Amazing how picking the best available players helps eh
sa
Saffas look a different team from November
Different game plan, right/form players, actually having a decent attack and defense coach and system..... SA defense in particular is far better.

Edit: Great cover tackle.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Entertaining start to the Boks/Bleus test. The lad Penaud at 13 for the French looks to have a good step and rapid pace.

Brave finish from Spedding for the French try too. Was properly face planted by Etzebeth & looks like he got a busted nose for his trouble, but had the awareness to keep his feet off the touchine.
He has been fantastic all game....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He has been fantastic all game....
Yeah, took that very well. Wonderful step inside and nice strong hand off to boot.

There's so much ability in France. Serin, Fickou and the new lad could be around for years. Just need a decent ten to gel them together.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow. That was deceptively easy.

Good off load from Launchers and quality support work from Ewels, but yer Argentines should have done better.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm not expecting an enormous amount of defending, no.

Moved away for 5 minutes and we went from 10-7 up to 13-10 down. So I'll suggest it's not the kind of game where three points are much to write home about.