• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Howe_zat

Audio File
Agree, though it'd be harsh to lay a scrum getting the treatment solely at his feet.

George 'deadshot' Ford is a new development.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Haha, carbon copy of Argentina's first try in the same corner.

How many footballing fly halves do you need? Ford-Lozowski-Slade has been good fun so far.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair to say there's more to Argentina than a scrum nowadays.

It's the sort of game defence coaches relive on dark, lonely nights, but it's ruddy entertaining.

Howe_zat

Audio File
How is Ford not in New Zealand. How.

Edit: oh kicking is back to normal. I do not retract my statement

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Can't recall such an entertaining test.

Liking the look of Piers Francis too. Quasi-kiwi, isn't he?
Background is all English, moved out there aged 18 to play ITM cup, moved back here but could only get a gig for Doncaster Knights. Went back over there and played his first pro game for the Blues aged 25.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Received a drunken phone call from a mate on Saturday who told me that club rugby in Brisbane is dead

He was attending a game at his former club for the first time in years and less than 100 people turned up whereas it would have been several thousand in his day

I trotted out some attempted excuses e.g. Wallabies playing, **** weather, your former team were all-stars (had about 10 Wallabies in their lineup iirc) etc etc

He just said nope and passed me on to a mutual friend who is a high-profile former Wallaby and he went even further

I thought club rugby was one of the few brightish spots but obviously not

ARU has a lot to answer for