Page 238 of 258 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3869
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

Banned
    Great come from behind win by Storm.

...and The Eeels on the winning list - OMG!!

thoughts on the super rugby comp so far? Tahs looking good, and from what ive seen of them the Rebels are also looking quality.

Luke Jones and Luke Burgess early bolters for the wallabies imo
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Dean Jones was my favourite player.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Falou carrying on were he left off, tbh.

Kid's very, very good. Might just be the best league-union convert ever.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by dermo View Post
    thoughts on the super rugby comp so far? Tahs looking good, and from what ive seen of them the Rebels are also looking quality.

Luke Jones and Luke Burgess early bolters for the wallabies imo
    Ah! Google explains everything. I panicked when I read the above but it turns out there is another Luke Burgess
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Not in any Rugby press I've ever read. I've seen him play over half-a-dozen times & he's good, but a flat-track bully. Where was he in The Semi against The Crims? George Smith had him in his pocket. Jerry Collins totally outplayed him. For my money he’s your top fella, not McCaw. As for him being the next AB captain, fair enough, but that doesn’t mean he’s top drawer. Reuben Thorne? Todd Blackadder?

& I dunno how old you are, but I saw Michael Jones play (I’m 29) & he’s the best forward I ever saw; McCaw’s not even in the same league.
    Always fun looking back on these threads nine or 10 years later...

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Still take the great man over McCaw, ftr.

Richie's gone ok tho, eh?

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    I prefer McCaw.

His Workrate is higher and he gets more break down turnovers per match.

Jones got a **** load more tries mind you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Yep, I would have McCaw now ahead of Jones, and I probably took longer than most in NZ to make the switch. McCaw has been outstanding for at least a decade and has seen off pretty much all his rivals. I still wonder what might have been with Jones if he hadn't sustained that injury v Argentina in 1989. Jones' peak was higher, but McCaw's overall career is better, IMHO.

McCaw is more likely to be found coming up from the bottom of the ruck looking dazed and confused - and checking his teeth to see if they are all still intact. He is also more of a mongrel and says he enjoys rugby because he likes the collisions.
    Jones is the only forward we have had who I would summarise by saying he was all class.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Jones > McCaw. Jones never let a wimpy Aussie 5/8 get to him

In Super Rugby news. Reds going **** but could have been so much higher - 3 games lost be 4 or less points! Tahs looking hot when Folau is on the field, not so much without him, Force surprising everyone with their defence, looked lost without Mathewson at 9 though. Brumbies being solid and unspectactular, expect them to top the conference. Rebels unearthing a coulpe of gems, Luke Jones has come on leaps and bounds, looks a wallaby bench spot at least for French Tests.

Think Sharks will win the title, just so darned clinical in everything they do.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Have to applaud the ARU's caution re the Falou injury and over riding the Waratahs tbh. Much as it hurts their chances in the games he missed, it's good to see a governing body looking after the long term welfare of a player.

On the Jones v McCaw thing, how lucky are you to have those blokes to choose from? I remember Jones just being someone who was so dynamic and hard working, but who never looked fazed about anything. He went about it and looked like he was playing in a dinner suit (usually a perjorative comment, but not in his case) yet he was doing anything but.

McCaw has been so good for so long though. Just a great, great player.
    Hurricane likes this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    In Super Rugby news. Reds going **** but could have been so much higher - 3 games lost be 4 or less points! Tahs looking hot when Folau is on the field, not so much without him, Force surprising everyone with their defence, looked lost without Mathewson at 9 though. Brumbies being solid and unspectactular, expect them to top the conference. Rebels unearthing a coulpe of gems, Luke Jones has come on leaps and bounds, looks a wallaby bench spot at least for French Tests.

Think Sharks will win the title, just so darned clinical in everything they do.
    Sharks won't win. Get your money down on either the saders or Chiefs. No SA team travels well. Have the Sharks even been on the road yet (outside of SA)

No way they will win it. Cantabs are 7 to 1. Get in on that action while you can.

Rebels are such an annoying team to bet against.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 22-04-2014 at 01:19 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Sharks won't win. Get your money down on either the saders or Chiefs. No SA team travels well. Have the Sharks even been on the road yet (outside of SA)

No way they will win it. Cantabs are 7 to 1. Get in on that action while you can.

Rebels are such an annoying team to bet against.
    Nope, mammoth tour coming up in May with Rebels, Brumbies, Saders and Blues. Can see them sneaking the first and last of those tho, might be enough to top the log if they win all matches in SA.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Nope, mammoth tour coming up in May with Rebels, Brumbies, Saders and Blues. Can see them sneaking the first and last of those tho, might be enough to top the log if they win all matches in SA.
    Actually didn't think my post through if they can top the table then obv they will get home playoffs. So yes they could win it.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    That's what I was thinking mate, if The sharks sneak a win v rebels and blues, a sneaky BP or 2 v brumbies and shaders they'll top the log and won't need to travel. Bloody difficult to beat them in Durban .

Thread Information