Page 234 of 256 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3836
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Yeah I was never fussed about the Nonu incident and I don't think McKenzie is either. He just included it to strengthen his case through weight of numbers of examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Wow, just wow. That was one hell of a shield clash. Simply superb match.

That was one of the best Shield games I've seen in a long time. Awesome to see it going to teams and fans that really care about it, too - the crowd at Hamilton when Waikato lost it was pathetic. Dunedin put them to shame, and I expect the same from Napier.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    This could be interesting.

The Beast and the du Plessies bros should utterly marmalise the Wobblies' front three, but what affect will the new scrum laws have?

If the Bok don't win at Suncorp today they never will.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    That was one of the best Shield games I've seen in a long time. Awesome to see it going to teams and fans that really care about it, too - the crowd at Hamilton when Waikato lost it was pathetic. Dunedin put them to shame, and I expect the same from Napier.
    Totally, the best game of rugby I've seen in a long time.

Tonight's Boks/Wallabies game is great as well, really enjoyed that first half. Hopefully the Boks can go on with it.

Boks far too good and, if anything, more impressive than the ABs against us

Having said that, the ref's interpretation of the off-side law did us no favours as they were transgressing all night and should have been penalized out of the game

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Boks far too good and, if anything, more impressive than the ABs against us
    Certainly was, should be one cracker of a match at Eden Park if the weather holds.

Personally I think it would be one match too far for the Boks and they'll lose by 10, but with McCaw out who knows .

Anyone fancy the Pumas over the Wallabies next weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Certainly was, should be one cracker of a match at Eden Park if the weather holds.

Personally I think it would be one match too far for the Boks and they'll lose by 10, but with McCaw out who knows .

Anyone fancy the Pumas over the Wallabies next weekend?
    I think the Aussies will go undefeated against Argentina for the next 2 or 3 years. Basically because they will take them the most seriously because they have the most chance of losing. I think NZ or SA will go down to them in Argentina for their first victory.

I also make this comment because Australia are ruthless at polishing off lower ranked teams.

I am 100% confident the Pumas will boss the Aussie scrum like they did to us. Hansen claimed it was a draw last night. But not really we won the second half scrummaging on points - but got monstered early in the game.

I also think the Pumas will win more line out ball with out that gawd awful hooker they had who thankfully dislocated his shoulder. Look for the Aussies to win by less than ten points. But still win.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    All Blacks v Springboks. Hopefully a good game today

Good to have another rugby fan on board.

anyone see the shute shield final today? the dominance uni has over the rest of the comp is becoming a farce, how the **** can one team have 1 player contracted to a super rugby club and the other have contracted players coming off the bench?

Wow, what a match that was. Just superb physical confrontations from both teams.

Barrett really stood up as well as did Cane. Really showed the depth of NZ Rugby there.

Lost interest when it became 15 men against 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Lost interest when it became 15 men against 14.
    Don't think that decided the match though, even the Springbox coach and captain admitted they were below par last night.

All Blacks proved they can't be beaten by trying to go over the top of them.

The All Blacks are still easily a step above them, and years ahead of Australia who seem to have gone massively backwards since McKenzie took over. They deserved to lose last night.

The home nations will be licking their lips against playing Australia on the end of year tour. I can't see them beating any of England, Ireland, Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Don't think that decided the match though, even the Springbox coach and captain admitted they were below par last night.

All Blacks proved they can't be beaten by trying to go over the top of them.

The All Blacks are still easily a step above them, and years ahead of Australia who seem to have gone massively backwards since McKenzie took over. They deserved to lose last night.
    The All Blacks won the game and I guess that is the main thing that matters regardless of how many men the opposition have and to your point for the last 5 minutes SA had a man advantage so I can see where you are coming from.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 14-09-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Thread Information