• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Brumby,

Would you prefer it if Jones were the Lions coach instead of Gatland?

I was hoping England would return to their barnstorming form from last year. I want them strong so they can stiffen the Lions squad!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
From an England standpoint I'm glad Jones didn't throw his hat in the ring, but I do suspect he'd give the Loins more of a shout.

Whatever else one thinks of him, he doesn't make any attempt to curry favour with the oppo or the media and, as such, is a handy lightning rod for pre - match attention. The week building up to the tests would be all about Eddie, whereas under the less quote - savvy Gatland we'll probably be hearing about North's concussions and whether Stander should be playing for a British and Irish select team.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Dead XV… an all-time team of dead players.

1. Chris Koch (SA)
2. Jan Lotz (SA)
3. Robert Paparemborde (FRA)
4. Gordon Brown (SCO)
5. Richard White (**)
6. Ivor Jones (WAL)
7. Col Windon (AUS)
8. Hennie Muller (SA)
9. Joost van der Westhuizen (SA)
10. Jack Kyle (IRE)
11. Jonah Lomu (**)
12. John Gainsford (SA)
13. Bleddyn Williams (WAL)
14. Ian Smith (SCO)
15. Ken Scotland (SCO)

COLIN MEADS! Soon you will be in my team!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The current Scotland side is an inversion of their national teams of yore.

One could always rely on plenty of grunt from their pack, but a workmanlike back line. The 2016 vintage has some genuine attacking threats (Russell, Huw Jones, Dunbar and the estimable Hogg), but are let down by a powderpuff front three.

Lovely interplay from the wings for a try as I type too. Right in this, yer Sweaties.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
How many penalties is that now? Must be about four in the first 20 minutes. We are really lucky still to be on level terms.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That dropped goal is the least that Italy deserve on the balance of play. Lots of whining and self-entitlement from the hosts, but not much else. Eddie Jones really needs to sort them out at half time.