• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Howe_zat

Audio File
Much needed honestly. Have gone from feared to good to also-rans under his tutelage.

Man may bleed green and white but Tigs have fallen behind and badly need someone who knows how to run a team in the modern way.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Manu knackers ACL.

In more unambiguously bad news for Leicester (& England) the faltering force of nature that is Manusamoa Tuilagi is ruled out for the rest of the season.

Can't recall a worse run of injuries for a top player since Wilkinson spent most of the mid-late noughties in plaster.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Putting my tinfoil hat on -

****erill has been obdurately defending his old school full contact training for the best part of a decade, long after teams like Northampton and Saracens learned how to manage the new freakshow sized standard of player, and been faced with a double digit injury list basically every year since we last won the title.

Meanwhile Leicester players are having to deny a revolt but are dropping hints anyway.

Perhaps ****ers has drawn the not-entirely-misplaced blame for the ruining of one of the club's best players from the team and been asked to move on as a result.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Robshaw out for Six Nations?

England's increasingly lengthy injury list gains another name. The Vunipolas are both confirmed victims, Launchbury is out for the first game at least, Kruis has a busted cheekbone, Haskell has a foot injury after several months out with his toe, Hartley is still cooling his boots after his latest brain fade and poor old Manu is so permanently buggered he barely even qualifies as a test player just now.

Chances are we could well be without our entire first choice back row for the opener v Johnny Frog. Might be worth a cautious few quid on the Micks, especially with ***ton back and firing.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Haskell is returning for Wasps tomorrow so I expect he'll be fine. Robshaw being out sucks but it might be an interesting chance to play Itoje as a #6.

France at Twickenham is a bit of a gimme these days fortunately. 10 years ago the French were serious business but they're very much at the Scotland end of the championship now. (that's the bottom end, ftr, furball)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haskell is returning for Wasps tomorrow so I expect he'll be fine. Robshaw being out sucks but it might be an interesting chance to play Itoje as a #6.

France at Twickenham is a bit of a gimme these days fortunately. 10 years ago the French were serious business but they're very much at the Scotland end of the championship now. (that's the bottom end, ftr, furball)
A lot of better judges of players than me see blind side as Itoje's long term position (the boy can really play anywhere in the back two rows though, he's arguably the best ball scav we have and only that #8 is a position of strength for us stops him being seriously touted there too) but with Launchbury and (possibly) Kruis out, I think he'll partner Courts in the engine room.

Although we also have Attwood and Ewels as options there, so maybe.

Howe_zat

Audio File
A lot of better judges of players than me see blind side as Itoje's long term position (the boy can really play anywhere in the back two rows though, he's arguably the best ball scav we have and only that #8 is a position of strength for us stops him being seriously touted there too) but with Launchbury and (possibly) Kruis out, I think he'll partner Courts in the engine room.

Although we also have Attwood and Ewels as options there, so maybe.
He is the current champion of youtube montages. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=maro+itoje

It's hard to think of a greater accolade.

Re: second rows, I wonder what's left Geoff Parling out in the cold. Was typically picked as a reliable workhorse which we should probably be aiming above now, but in an injury crisis he'd do a job.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He is the current champion of youtube montages. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=maro+itoje

It's hard to think of a greater accolade.

Re: second rows, I wonder what's left Geoff Parling out in the cold. Was typically picked as a reliable workhorse which we should probably be aiming above now, but in an injury crisis he'd do a job.
Yeah, he's gone from starting Lions lock to sixth choice (at best) for his country in four years.

I suppose his age goes against him slightly and he's had a few concussions over the last two or three years. Got clattered again yesterday too.

With the new directives over head injuries it's possibly something the coaching staff look at.

We're pretty well served at lock just now; four second rows who'd make most other nations' test XXIII.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haskell is returning for Wasps tomorrow so I expect he'll be fine.
The big lummox lasted 38 seconds before knocking himself out tackling Burns, who's roughly a quarter his size. Sigh.

As the song goes, if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

The Brand's credentials in the former are well established; clearly lacking in the latter.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I would stop posting here at CW for three months, if Brumby would just give me his all-time rugby union XV... and give proper explanations! I'm expecting he'll choose Barry John at 10 based on past posts he's made! #IKeepMyPromises

Howe_zat

Audio File
Leicester are **** now

It was bound to happen eventually but it hurts.

Just don't get relegated during this ****e phase, to make sure we're better than Northampton

Francis

State Vice-Captain
10 Most Underrated Rugby Players in History

1. Didier Codorniou
2. Chris Koch
3. Gerard Cholley
4. Topo Rodriguez
5. Gary Whetton
6. Philippe Dintrans
7. Patrick Esteve
8. Robbie Fleck
9. Mannetjies Roux