Page 211 of 238 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3559
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

Scoreline beginning to look ridiculous. wft Ireland, get up.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    An absolute belting, 60-0...sensational from the ABs and a rather limp effort from Ireland after the ABs put four tries on them in the first 20 minutes. Incredible to think that the ABs side included two debutants, two with 1 test match and another with 2 tests so it was hardly the best 22 on paper.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    ABs are going to win this in a canter. We are tackling to hurt and owning the rucks.
    And that was the game. ABs intensity at a level I haven't seen in a while.

Really Ireland are not that far behind the ABs at rugby. 60-0 shouldn't really be happening.

Ireland were not crap in that game. But that is how their performance tonight will be written up.

If I try to rationalize this - all I can say is that the ABs have more players with X factor.

I didn't think Ireland would win when I heard about their injuries but I didn't expect this - which was really a thrashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Ref has been ****ing it up. But it is getting good now.
    I didn't get home in time to watch the afternoon Australia vs Wales match but the ref was meant to be Joubert, who I rate very highly - was he that bad?

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Gave up at 26-0. Ireland were already on the plane. Shocking effort.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

And that was the game. ABs intensity at a level I haven't seen in a while.

Really Ireland are not that far behind the ABs at rugby. 60-0 shouldn't really be happening.

Ireland were not crap in that game. But that is how their performance tonight will be written up.

If I try to rationalize this - all I can say is that the ABs have more players with X factor.

I didn't think Ireland would win when I heard about their injuries but I didn't expect this - which was really a thrashing.
    I think most of Ireland's problem was their inability to chase the game. Like the first test and the match in New Plymouth two years ago, once they get behind they seemingly have no idea how to catch up. It doesn't help having no x-factor to use from the bench. Ronan O'Gara might be good to close a tight game out but hes next to useless when chasing. Perhaps the loss of Heaslip was more significant than first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    I didn't get home in time to watch the afternoon Australia vs Wales match but the ref was meant to be Joubert, who I rate very highly - was he that bad?
    He was the opposite of the ref in the AB game. Was just very whistle happy. In the last 20 minutes he got it right and we actually saw some rugby.

I can't really comment if they penalties were justified as what do I really know. All I know is that there were a ton of penalties and the game couldn't get going.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    McCaw at #8? Huh.

These reditions of "Ireland's Call" are borderline offensive, btw. Crappy lift muzak versions.
    FTR, McCaw's played at number 8 for the Crusaders and Canterbury when Read's off the field and George Whitelock and Matt Todd are playing 6 and 7, so its not an altogether unfamiliar position for him.

Sam Cane at openside was magnificent anyway and with McCaw at 8 basically playing a hybrid 7/8 role it worked brilliantly.

I think most of Ireland's problem was their inability to chase the game. Like the first test and the match in New Plymouth two years ago, once they get behind they seemingly have no idea how to catch up. It doesn't help having no x-factor to use from the bench. Ronan O'Gara might be good to close a tight game out but hes next to useless when chasing. Perhaps the loss of Heaslip was more significant than first thought.
    I think Heaslip's loss was significant. Ireland needed to have their best players.

Maybe the ABs knew that Ireland needed a good start - and they just came out in the 1st 20 minutes and played their very best.

We were missing players too though. Dan Carter, as good as our 10s went, is a marked step up from Cruden.

SBW finally played well.

He was the opposite of the ref in the AB game. Was just very whistle happy. In the last 20 minutes he got it right and we actually saw some rugby.

I can't really comment if they penalties were justified as what do I really know. All I know is that there were a ton of penalties and the game couldn't get going.
    Bit unusual for Joubert who usually lets it flow nicely. I'll catch the replay in the next couple of days and put myself through what sounds like a pretty average match.

Romain Poite controlled the match nicely tonight. I thought the yellow card to Kearney might've been a bit harsh but it was a clearly penalisable offence and it prevented a near certain try so I don't think it was that unjustified. Allowed a good breakdown contest too.

I think Heaslip's loss was significant. Ireland needed to have their best players.

Maybe the ABs knew that Ireland needed a good start - and they just came out in the 1st 20 minutes and played their very best.

We were missing players too though. Dan Carter, as good as our 10s went, is a marked step up from Cruden.

SBW finally played well.
    Woah I thought Cruden was genius in his 25 minutes...can't fault him for a second. For his first test match, Barrett was also very solid with ball and hand and besides a couple of conversion attempts and a missed touch finder hardly put a foot wrong.

SBW was amazing and the Chiefs combination with Cruden and his developing one with Conrad Smith was excellent. Lovely kick through for Dagg's try.

Bit unusual for Joubert who usually lets it flow nicely. I'll catch the replay in the next couple of days and put myself through what sounds like a pretty average match.

Romain Poite controlled the match nicely tonight. I thought the yellow card to Kearney might've been a bit harsh but it was a clearly penalisable offence and it prevented a near certain try so I don't think it was that unjustified. Allowed a good breakdown contest too.
    Good comments - good to talk with you.

Woah I thought Cruden was genius in his 25 minutes...can't fault him for a second. For his first test match, Barrett was also very solid with ball and hand and besides a couple of conversion attempts and a missed touch finder hardly put a foot wrong.

SBW was amazing and the Chiefs combination with Cruden and his developing one with Conrad Smith was excellent. Lovely kick through for Dagg's try.
    Nothing wrong with our young 10s. I think they showed they are as good as anyone in the world at 10 except for DC. I just rate DC very highly. His reading of the game and versatility and maturity and experience is like nothing I have seen on a rugby field.

I remember that game in Hong Kong ( I think it was Hong Kong) where he had won the game for us so they put Donald on the field who lost it for us in the space of 10 minutes.

In my life I havn't seen a better 10 than DC. That said I was not around for Merhtens.

But DC rocks all over Fox, Botica, Lynagh, Giteau

Nice bit of thinking for Danny "Driving Without Due" Care for the try.

Probably have to take that if offered beforehand, so credit to the chaps for hanging in there.

Wish the England captain sounded slightly more Rushden that Rotorua tho.

Thread Information