• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Australia were bloody awful... I don`t really think NZ broke a sweat. And the Argie/Bok match is going to be a dour affair.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Not a dour match in the end.. error ridden though. SA keeps getting away with it, which is a good way to build a winning team culture.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a dour match in the end.. error ridden though. SA keeps getting away with it, which is a good way to build a winning team culture.
Yes & no. Good to create a winning culture, not good repeatedly winning by the skin of their teeth against teams ranked as low as 9 as the Pumas are currently.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yes & no. Good to create a winning culture, not good repeatedly winning by the skin of their teeth against teams ranked as low as 9 as the Pumas are currently.
Boks gotta start playing better... but if we were losing on top of that the rhetoric would be abysmal. (Its also not good for my anxiety levels.)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wallabies are just ****ing awful and I cannot see them winning a match this year

It's tempting to blame the coach in these situations but the reality is that there are a lot of incompetent players in the squad

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Wallabies are just ****ing awful and I cannot see them winning a match this year

It's tempting to blame the coach in these situations but the reality is that there are a lot of incompetent players in the squad
I'm blaming the coach tbh.

I don't understand why Slipper isn't starting.

And none of your forwards can be bothered going into rucks. Laying that on the coach and game plan.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm blaming the coach tbh.

I don't understand why Slipper isn't starting.

And none of your forwards can be bothered going into rucks. Laying that on the coach and game plan.
Some of the selections and tactics were questionable but the basic skill level was appalling

Howe_zat

Audio File
why does francis censor "New Zealand'?

other than the fact he has daddy issues that is
i dunno why someone who wants to talk about rugby with top ten lists and whatnot would give out such a clear sign that no one should bother talking to him about rugby

like at least make it hard

Zinzan

Brodie Retallick's early career has been just as impressive as Richie McCaw's. The guy is outrageous.
Apples and oranges position wise, but yeah, the guy is fast becoming a 'great All Black', no doubt.

Decent chance of being considered the locking partner of Colin Meads in the all-time greatest All-black XV if he continues in this vain for another few years.

Burgey

Whoever wire tapped the NZ hotel obviously didn't pass the tapes onto the Australian team.

As for the forwards not contesting rucks and mauls, you Kiwis have to realise that the sort of bloke who plays rugby in Australia generally grows up having someone do any sort of hard work for them.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
what a story for Kane Hames

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/kane-hames-caps-incredible-rise-with-all-blacks-debut-in-sydney/news-story/16fea9e07dbb631fde2685a8770a5ecc
"He didn’t make any New Zealand age-group teams and was happy enough working as a rugby development officer for Bay of Plenty.

But his strong scrummaging skills randomly came onto the All Blacks’ radar when he filled in at training during a camp in Mount Maunganui.

“My coach, Kevin Schuler, said: ‘they’ve got an injury, are you keen on doing some scrums tomorrow?’"

Zinzan

Just been playing around with Rugby's statsguru & holy ****, how's this following statistic in terms off emphasising the All Black dominance in recent times....

If he plays in this weekends Bledisloe in Welllington, it will be prop Wyatt Crockett's 50th test match, and in that time he's only been involved in 1 just one loss.... :blink: Just **** insane.

49 tests, 47 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss....

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Just been playing around with Rugby's statsguru & holy ****, how's this following statistic in terms off emphasising the All Black dominance in recent times....

If he plays in this weekends Bledisloe in Welllington, it will be prop Wyatt Crockett's 50th test match, and in that time he's only been involved in 1 just one loss.... :blink: Just **** insane.

49 tests, 47 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss....
Kinda artificial in that he's a second or third choice player so usually only plays against lower ranked teams.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Kinda artificial in that he's a second or third choice player so usually only plays against lower ranked teams.
I agree. I mean that was a really, really stupid post. Maybe there was a Bokkie who played as substitute a lot when Nick Mallet's side went undefeated around 1998 (didn't they win 15 Tests in a row or something?). He'd have an awesome record.

South Africa never lost at home at all for the first 50 years of the 20th century. What if they had a rugby player who lived until he was 70, and played as a substitute, and they allowed substitutes back then - that 70-year-old would have a more impressive record than Wyatt Crockett!

Stupid...

Zinzan

Even so, it's still absolutely insane, especially considering 25 of the 49 tests were SA, Aust, England & France (the only sides to ever beat us, I'm not counting Wales 40 years ago ).

Last edited:

Zinzan

I agree. I mean that was a really, really stupid post. Maybe there was a Bokkie who played as substitute a lot when Nick Mallet's side went undefeated around 1998 (didn't they win 15 Tests in a row or something?). He'd have an awesome record. .

15 is not 49
South Africa never lost at home at all for the first 50 years of the 20th century.

Lol, only because their referees were as dodgy as **** and they used to get away with blue murder back then, everyone knows this :p There's so many stories