Cricket Player Manager
Page 210 of 262 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3923
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

  1. #3136
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    33,023
    so it goes like this

    - get ball
    - put together some attacking phases
    - look dangerous
    - **** up at breakdown
    - tear out hair

    rinse, repeat
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  2. #3137
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,803
    Cant fault either side's commitment but the execution is just rubbish

  3. #3138
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,034
    This is an abortion of a sport. Fine day, dry track, full house and both sides taking penalty shots everywhere.

    I'll wait for the one decent test of the winter followed by the inevitable "game they play in heaven" bull**** which follows.

    OMG a try!!!!

    Guys!!!!!

    A ****ing try.

    Abysmal.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  4. #3139
    International Coach Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    10,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    This is an abortion of a sport. Fine day, dry track, full house and both sides taking penalty shots everywhere.

    I'll wait for the one decent test of the winter followed by the inevitable "game they play in heaven" bull**** which follows.

    OMG a try!!!!

    Guys!!!!!

    A ****ing try.

    Abysmal.
    Ref has been ****ing it up. But it is getting good now.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.


  5. #3140
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,034
    Must happen in nine out of ten matches then

  6. #3141
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    This is an abortion of a sport. Fine day, dry track, full house and both sides taking penalty shots everywhere.

    I'll wait for the one decent test of the winter followed by the inevitable "game they play in heaven" bull**** which follows.

    OMG a try!!!!

    Guys!!!!!

    A ****ing try.

    Abysmal.
    Must've been refreshing for you to see a backline movement

    Isnt creativity in league defined as 5 one out runs followed by a kick?

  7. #3142
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    33,023
    Feel for Wales. No way do they deserve to have gone down 3-0

    Lucky today. Execution was terrible
    Last edited by Spark; 23-06-2012 at 01:45 AM.

  8. #3143
    International Coach Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    10,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Must happen in nine out of ten matches then
    yeah in the 80s every game was like this. Haven't seen too many recent games like this.

    Most of the games I saw growing up had no tries in them. And would be 21-18 in penalties.

    Teams just played for territory and waited for the whistle to blow. australia were smart and figured out it was going to be one of those games. While Wales never cottoned on.

    Crap game. yes.

    Also Warburton is hardly ever on the field when I watch. Either sent off or injured.

  9. #3144
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    33,023
    Yeah I definitely don't remember it being like this when I started watching rugby as a kid. Have "fond" memories of some very fluid, open Bled Cup Tests back in the late 90s/early 00s

    fond being in inverted commas because we mostly lost :/

  10. #3145
    International Coach Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    10,307
    Also when are teams finally going to stop the practice of passing the ball to forwards in the middle of the back line on 3rd and 4th phase ball. Forwards should GTFO of the way and let the backs run some moves. As soon as a tight five catches it he just rumbles it straight forward and sets up a ruck.

    I love forwards - but that part of the game needs drastic attention.

  11. #3146
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,034
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Must've been refreshing for you to see a backline movement

    Isnt creativity in league defined as 5 one out runs followed by a kick?
    No it isn't. If rugby is such an attacking, creative sport, why do dolts like you who play and follow it opt to take a shot at goal when you get a penalty anywhere in the attacking half
    Spare me the idea rugby is creative. What a joke. "Backline move"? You mean two passes wide to a centre running straight.

    I await your justification for your superior POV on the basis you once met Ken Catchpole at half time at the Camel Cup in Dubai when he was on his way to Oxford.

  12. #3147
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Also when are teams finally going to stop the practice of passing the ball to forwards in the middle of the back line on 3rd and 4th phase ball. Forwards should GTFO of the way and let the backs run some moves. As soon as a tight five catches it he just rumbles it straight forward and sets up a ruck.

    I love forwards - but that part of the game needs drastic attention.
    Social calls that "a creative Backline move".

    Mostly because he's odious, tbf.

  13. #3148
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    45,330
    McCaw at #8? Huh.

    These reditions of "Ireland's Call" are borderline offensive, btw. Crappy lift muzak versions.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

  14. #3149
    International Coach Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    10,307
    ABs are going to win this in a canter. We are tackling to hurt and owning the rucks.

  15. #3150
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No it isn't. If rugby is such an attacking, creative sport, why do dolts like you who play and follow it opt to take a shot at goal when you get a penalty anywhere in the attacking half
    Spare me the idea rugby is creative. What a joke. "Backline move"? You mean two passes wide to a centre running straight.

    I await your justification for your superior POV on the basis you once met Ken Catchpole at half time at the Camel Cup in Dubai when he was on his way to Oxford.
    They take a kick at goal because they get 3 points for it

    If league is so creative then why is virtually every set completed by a kick?

    Btw, if you dont like rugby, then why watch it?

    You should simply stick to 5 one outs and a kick if that is what turns you on



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zeke's Official Banner Thread!
    By Zeke in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 14-08-2011, 12:58 AM
  2. Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)
    By Jono in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 7861
    Last Post: 14-05-2011, 09:56 AM
  3. Official WCC Hall of Fame Thread
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 06:23 PM
  4. The Official County Championship thread
    By chris.hinton in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-04-2004, 05:41 PM
  5. Vintage Cricket - Official Drafting Thread
    By JohnnyA in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •