Page 209 of 254 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3797
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

  1. #3121
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    45,072
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Having crash ball merchants against albeit a very slow and limited but physically big Bok side isnít the best idea. Barritt had a good homecoming, looked like he learnt the lines to God Save the Queen overnight and replaced with a nice shiner after doing sweet FA.

    Boks looked pretty ordinary. Aus and NZ still light years ahead in regards to back play.
    I think we'll see more of what Lancaster's made of now. If he's got any pretensions about winning the 2nd test he has to bring in Flood to replace Barritt. Offers far more in the way of distribution, infinitely better kicking game and considerably quicker too. Would offer more support to the tyro Farrell as well, whose game management wasn't the best.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

  2. #3122
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    45,072
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I think we'll see more of what Lancaster's made of now. If he's got any pretensions about winning the 2nd test he has to bring in Flood to replace Barritt. Offers far more in the way of distribution, infinitely better kicking game and considerably quicker too. Would offer more support to the tyro Farrell as well, whose game management wasn't the best.
    Taken out of Lancaster's hands: Barritt misses second test.

  3. #3123
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,420
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Yeah Barnes has been superb leading the waratahs to 6 straight losses. Give me Quade any day of the week. When a wimpy 5/8 can get so far up Sir richie and the rest of the countries nose that a full blown hate campaign is directed at him he may be doing something right. "oh noes the 5/8 stood up to our worlds greatest flanker, how dare he fight back against richie who is an angel an example for god himsel to live upto"

    Cooper>Barnes - Reds v Waratahs will show this.
    Reds v Waratahs is unlikely to prove **** as all of Cooper's deficiencies surface when he is under pressure/playing behind a pack going backwards

    With all due respect, that is unlikely to happen against a NSW team that is arguably its worst in Super Rugby history

  4. #3124
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,796
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Yeah Barnes has been superb leading the waratahs to 6 straight losses. Give me Quade any day of the week. When a wimpy 5/8 can get so far up Sir richie and the rest of the countries nose that a full blown hate campaign is directed at him he may be doing something right. "oh noes the 5/8 stood up to our worlds greatest flanker, how dare he fight back against richie who is an angel an example for god himsel to live upto"

    Cooper>Barnes - Reds v Waratahs will show this.
    Barnes is money.

    Quade is a broke ass chump.

    Serious answer - Quade's game requires extra time and space which you don't get at international level.

    I think the time has come to put him on the right wing and let him just use his side stepping to score tries rather than directing traffic.

    Also serious answer - I don't know why the NZ public went after him. I think we thought he was good. Sort of like Hadlee is a wanker chants from the 1980s bay 13 crowd.

    My back line

    Genia
    Barnes
    O connor
    AAC
    15 Beale
    Wings
    Iaone Cooper.

    Also it is time to dump Robbie Deans. Need some fresh ideas and a fresh direction for the next world cup. The only thing he can claim credit for is the development of JOC.

    Aussie should be the competing for best team in the world status if they got their selection policy sorted.

    Bring back Alan Jones. Had no issues when he was coaching. Simon Poidevin was a god.

    Aussie always have gun number 7s.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.


  5. #3125
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,031
    I've barely seen a game of Super Rugby this season, but surely there's a better fit Winger floating around than Cooper Vuna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

  6. #3126
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnners View Post
    I've barely seen a game of Super Rugby this season, but surely there's a better fit Winger floating around than Cooper Vuna.
    Would like to re-iterate the above.

  7. #3127
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    45,072
    Ball-tearer.

    Wallabies' handling at the death here has been poor tho; knock-ons are killing them.

  8. #3128
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,417
    haha my word
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  9. #3129
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,031
    Haha what a kick. So stupid from Wales to give it away though....

  10. #3130
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,389
    Always fitting to see a rugby test decided by a penalty goal.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  11. #3131
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,420
    Good start by the Poms

  12. #3132
    International 12th Man Quaggas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Barnes is money.

    Quade is a broke ass chump.

    Serious answer - Quade's game requires extra time and space which you don't get at international level.

    I think the time has come to put him on the right wing and let him just use his side stepping to score tries rather than directing traffic.

    Also serious answer - I don't know why the NZ public went after him. I think we thought he was good. Sort of like Hadlee is a wanker chants from the 1980s bay 13 crowd.

    My back line

    Genia
    Barnes
    O connor
    AAC
    15 Beale
    Wings
    Iaone Cooper.

    Also it is time to dump Robbie Deans. Need some fresh ideas and a fresh direction for the next world cup. The only thing he can claim credit for is the development of JOC.

    Aussie should be the competing for best team in the world status if they got their selection policy sorted.

    Bring back Alan Jones. Had no issues when he was coaching. Simon Poidevin was a god.

    Aussie always have gun number 7s.
    Obvs they already are there and abouts, and can get even better. But as long as NZ are around, it will always be like those CC threads "Your ATG XI, ex Bradman."

  13. #3133
    Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Nest
    Posts
    8,408
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Reds v Waratahs is unlikely to prove **** as all of Cooper's deficiencies surface when he is under pressure/playing behind a pack going backwards

    With all due respect, that is unlikely to happen against a NSW team that is arguably its worst in Super Rugby history
    With all due respect any 5/8 or half back behind a pack going backwards is going to struggle.
    Parmi

    Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

  14. #3134
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaggas View Post
    Obvs they already are there and abouts, and can get even better. But as long as NZ are around, it will always be like those CC threads "Your ATG XI, ex Bradman."
    I think Australia's backline at full strength is just as good as ours - particularly when Genia plays well. And with Pocock and Horwill leading the pack I don't think its unreasonable to claim that Australia should be challenging the ABs more often. I think its a mentality thing that holds them back at times.

    Despite two wins against England, I don't really rate the South Africans at present. The front row aside, its going to take their forward pack a while to gel together at international level and a Morne Steyn led backline really only has one plan...

    Interested to see how the ABs go with a reshuffled XV this weekend. Particularly keen to see how Romano and Cane fare in their starting debuts, and how Beauden Barrett shapes up if he comes off the bench.

  15. #3135
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,796
    I am extremely high on Barrett.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zeke's Official Banner Thread!
    By Zeke in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 13-08-2011, 11:58 PM
  2. Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)
    By Jono in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 7861
    Last Post: 14-05-2011, 08:56 AM
  3. Official WCC Hall of Fame Thread
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 05:23 PM
  4. The Official County Championship thread
    By chris.hinton in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-04-2004, 04:41 PM
  5. Vintage Cricket - Official Drafting Thread
    By JohnnyA in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 09:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •