Page 209 of 254 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3797
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Having crash ball merchants against albeit a very slow and limited but physically big Bok side isnít the best idea. Barritt had a good homecoming, looked like he learnt the lines to God Save the Queen overnight and replaced with a nice shiner after doing sweet FA.

Boks looked pretty ordinary. Aus and NZ still light years ahead in regards to back play.
    I think we'll see more of what Lancaster's made of now. If he's got any pretensions about winning the 2nd test he has to bring in Flood to replace Barritt. Offers far more in the way of distribution, infinitely better kicking game and considerably quicker too. Would offer more support to the tyro Farrell as well, whose game management wasn't the best.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I think we'll see more of what Lancaster's made of now. If he's got any pretensions about winning the 2nd test he has to bring in Flood to replace Barritt. Offers far more in the way of distribution, infinitely better kicking game and considerably quicker too. Would offer more support to the tyro Farrell as well, whose game management wasn't the best.
    Taken out of Lancaster's hands: Barritt misses second test.

Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Yeah Barnes has been superb leading the waratahs to 6 straight losses. Give me Quade any day of the week. When a wimpy 5/8 can get so far up Sir richie and the rest of the countries nose that a full blown hate campaign is directed at him he may be doing something right. "oh noes the 5/8 stood up to our worlds greatest flanker, how dare he fight back against richie who is an angel an example for god himsel to live upto"

Cooper>Barnes - Reds v Waratahs will show this.
    Reds v Waratahs is unlikely to prove **** as all of Cooper's deficiencies surface when he is under pressure/playing behind a pack going backwards

With all due respect, that is unlikely to happen against a NSW team that is arguably its worst in Super Rugby history

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Yeah Barnes has been superb leading the waratahs to 6 straight losses. Give me Quade any day of the week. When a wimpy 5/8 can get so far up Sir richie and the rest of the countries nose that a full blown hate campaign is directed at him he may be doing something right. "oh noes the 5/8 stood up to our worlds greatest flanker, how dare he fight back against richie who is an angel an example for god himsel to live upto"

Cooper>Barnes - Reds v Waratahs will show this.
    Barnes is money.

Quade is a broke ass chump.

Serious answer - Quade's game requires extra time and space which you don't get at international level.

I think the time has come to put him on the right wing and let him just use his side stepping to score tries rather than directing traffic.

Also serious answer - I don't know why the NZ public went after him. I think we thought he was good. Sort of like Hadlee is a wanker chants from the 1980s bay 13 crowd.

My back line

Genia
    Barnes
    O connor
    AAC
    15 Beale
    Wings
    Iaone Cooper.

Also it is time to dump Robbie Deans. Need some fresh ideas and a fresh direction for the next world cup. The only thing he can claim credit for is the development of JOC.

Aussie should be the competing for best team in the world status if they got their selection policy sorted.

Bring back Alan Jones. Had no issues when he was coaching. Simon Poidevin was a god.

Aussie always have gun number 7s.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

I've barely seen a game of Super Rugby this season, but surely there's a better fit Winger floating around than Cooper Vuna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnners View Post
    I've barely seen a game of Super Rugby this season, but surely there's a better fit Winger floating around than Cooper Vuna.
    Would like to re-iterate the above.

Ball-tearer.

Wallabies' handling at the death here has been poor tho; knock-ons are killing them.

haha my word
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Haha what a kick. So stupid from Wales to give it away though....

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Always fitting to see a rugby test decided by a penalty goal.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Good start by the Poms

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Barnes is money.

Quade is a broke ass chump.

Serious answer - Quade's game requires extra time and space which you don't get at international level.

I think the time has come to put him on the right wing and let him just use his side stepping to score tries rather than directing traffic.

Also serious answer - I don't know why the NZ public went after him. I think we thought he was good. Sort of like Hadlee is a wanker chants from the 1980s bay 13 crowd.

My back line

Genia
    Barnes
    O connor
    AAC
    15 Beale
    Wings
    Iaone Cooper.

Also it is time to dump Robbie Deans. Need some fresh ideas and a fresh direction for the next world cup. The only thing he can claim credit for is the development of JOC.

Aussie should be the competing for best team in the world status if they got their selection policy sorted.

Bring back Alan Jones. Had no issues when he was coaching. Simon Poidevin was a god.

Aussie always have gun number 7s.
    Obvs they already are there and abouts, and can get even better. But as long as NZ are around, it will always be like those CC threads "Your ATG XI, ex Bradman."

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Reds v Waratahs is unlikely to prove **** as all of Cooper's deficiencies surface when he is under pressure/playing behind a pack going backwards

With all due respect, that is unlikely to happen against a NSW team that is arguably its worst in Super Rugby history
    With all due respect any 5/8 or half back behind a pack going backwards is going to struggle.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaggas View Post
    Obvs they already are there and abouts, and can get even better. But as long as NZ are around, it will always be like those CC threads "Your ATG XI, ex Bradman."
    I think Australia's backline at full strength is just as good as ours - particularly when Genia plays well. And with Pocock and Horwill leading the pack I don't think its unreasonable to claim that Australia should be challenging the ABs more often. I think its a mentality thing that holds them back at times.

Despite two wins against England, I don't really rate the South Africans at present. The front row aside, its going to take their forward pack a while to gel together at international level and a Morne Steyn led backline really only has one plan...

Interested to see how the ABs go with a reshuffled XV this weekend. Particularly keen to see how Romano and Cane fare in their starting debuts, and how Beauden Barrett shapes up if he comes off the bench.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    I am extremely high on Barrett.

Thread Information