Cricket Player Manager
Page 201 of 262 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3923
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Also I have memories of Toeava having hands of clay in the centres. So I don't trust him. That said as someone else posted here - he is a Henry favourite and is likely to get picked because of that alone.
    Yup, the "special project" as he was named by the Henry coaching panel. Although I will point out that he was also the Blues' best player in Super 15 and has performed quite well in test rugby in his most recent performances on the end of year tour in 2010. Plus hes a favourite of mine so should definitely be picked.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    After watching the 1st half I think Colin Slade had a strong 1st 10 minutes and then lost it after that. He persisted with little chip kicks and turned over possession on a frequent basis,
    I can see why Whitelock and Thomson upset James - they gave away some inexperienced penalties.

Toeava in the 1st half attempted a little grubber kick that was charged down and it resulted in pressure against the ABs. I can't really stand wingers who try grubber kicks Zac does it as well. Nonu played one hideous game where he did them as well.

I want the man from Upper Hutt selected before Toeava - not because I am from upper hutt - just because he is a better all round package.

I must say that the Springboks defence is just super - I don't know how the Aussies managed to beat them - they must have been very rusty last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Didn't watch the game but NZ are still raging favorites for the cup, it's already in the bag, put it on the front pages of every NZ Paper, The William Webb Ellis should be measured up immediately for a place in the NZ trophy cabinet - No team will beat them in New Zealand. None. Ever. Especially in a World Cup - nobody beats the All Blacks at a world cup.

At least the result last night adds a 'decider' feel to next week at suncorp - I'll be there, should be a cracking game - hopefully Carter, McCaw et al are picked for the AB's - likewise for the Wallabies with Genia, Horwill (loving his appointment as captain) Cooper etc all playing.

Word is JOC will be dropped for this match after failing to turn up to the World Cup squad announcement - slept in it seems. I guess that'lll mean it'll be Turner into the run-on
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

I believe we should rest Carter and play our back up 1st 5 - if it is Weepu I think it will be his first game there and if it is Slade he could definitely use another game to redeem himself.

Bring Carter on for the last 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Well done South Africa, but boy did that game show that if we lose one of Carter or McCaw we really are completely stuffed.

Slade was absolute rubbish, don't think he did a single thing right all night and hope he doesn't make it anywhere near the 30 man squad. Messam, Whitelock and especially Thomson were also very poor.

A plus point was our back three looked dangerous all night but didn't convert any chances however.

One very worried All Blacks fan here.
    Thatís the thing which is most disheartening from a South African perspective is that despite winning it was the All Blacks who created and botched more than 5 try scoring opportunities while the Boks had and created nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Thatís the thing which is most disheartening from a South African perspective is that despite winning it was the All Blacks who created and botched more than 5 try scoring opportunities while the Boks had and created nothing.
    And I think thats why there hasn't been as great a negative reaction to the loss in New Zealand, since most fans of the game realise that the ABs actually looked pretty good despite losing, particular being without half of our full strength side. Who knows what would've happened had Fourie not saved two tries in the first 10 minutes, and Cowan's been properly awarded (interested to hear what you have to say on that ruling TT Boy).

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    And I think thats why there hasn't been as great a negative reaction to the loss in New Zealand, since most fans of the game realise that the ABs actually looked pretty good despite losing, particular being without half of our full strength side. Who knows what would've happened had Fourie not saved two tries in the first 10 minutes, and Cowan's been properly awarded (interested to hear what you have to say on that ruling TT Boy).
    Seems strange to bag the TMO as the correct decision was made but from my limited knowledge of the game, he shouldnít be doing that and it sets a precedent which probably wonít be consistently followed.

good start by the wallabies

Very good start by the Wallabies. Lineout has been a bit of a mess though
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Great tactics in particular

Conrad Smith a standout on defence why even try to run a play past him.

Defence of both teams have been rather good really. Fingers crossed they play at this same intensity for the remaining 50 minutes.

EDIT: SAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a try

What a try

Thomson is such a low budget player.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    facepalm.co.nz

Guildford is not ready for this level. Wobblies have owned this game, and injured our preferred back row combo in the process.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Completely dominated by the Wallabies, they look so much more hungrier, well organised and determined than the ABs. Guildford and Thomson were particularly poor - Sivivatu, Gear and Messam must be questioning their non-inclusions about now. Hope the Read injury isn't too serious. Bit of a worry that big players rested for last weekend like Carter, McCaw and Thorn have been poor so far. Also begs the question why our best player last weekend, Israel Dagg, isn't even in the 22.

Thread Information