• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
steds said:
Would that be Fereti Tuilagi, The original Freddie? He was an absolute legend at Saints. Slips in off his wing, then bang, some big opposition prop was writhing in agony on the ground. Never went high, either, all fair hits. What a guy.

Just wondered what Jimmy boy makes of his comments to me on msn that Scotland would be the All Blacks easiest game, now. It's not often he's wrong twice in such a short space of time.
What are you doing here?

open365

International Vice-Captain
steds said:
Would that be Fereti Tuilagi, The original Freddie? He was an absolute legend at Saints. Slips in off his wing, then bang, some big opposition prop was writhing in agony on the ground. Never went high, either, all fair hits. What a guy.

Just wondered what Jimmy boy makes of his comments to me on msn that Scotland would be the All Blacks easiest game, now. It's not often he's wrong twice in such a short space of time.
you had a swear word in your avatar! :-O

nah,he was on the bench,it was allesana.

i never knew there lived a tuilangi that never played for tigers.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watched Wales beat Aus.

An accurate reflection of Wales' standing is the thrashing they were given by the Kiwis - they are poor.

Needless to say, Aus are abysmal.

Hopefully, we can now finally take the logical decisions and punt Jones, Gregan and out tight 5. There cannot be any further excuses.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Wales are only a poor side because they don't have much strength in depth and atm they've got a few key players out.

still a good result beating AUS

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im not disappointed about the AB's result, it was good to see Scotland actually stand up and perhaps dominate the second half. Still, the Grand Slam is in the bag.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought The Scots were fantastic in the Second half. I can't help think Refs seem to ref NZ more than there opponents. Maybe I'm just bias, but we consistently seems to get hit with penalties that our opposition get away with. Its almost as if they pay more attention to the AB infringements but miss others :@

Blaze

Banned
zinzan12 said:
I thought The Scots were fantastic in the Second half. I can't help think Refs seem to ref NZ more than there opponents. Maybe I'm just bias, but we consistently seems to get hit with penalties that our opposition get away with. Its almost as if they pay more attention to the AB infringements but miss others :@

When we get british refs it seems to me sometimes like they only ref one team. No complaints from me though, it is probably just my NZ bias.

Blaze

Banned
Nnanden said:
Well... dammit!

Losing to Wales! Even my cat was sad...

tbh i was sad to see aussie lose. I had a multi bet running and I needed Aus to win but it didn't matter in the end anyway, the kiwis won which i betted against as well.

Zinzan

Nnanden said:
We`ve just got so crap so quickly.
Yep...time for a revamp for thw Wallabies. Surely Jones has to go. TBH I wouldn't be suprised to see Mitchell coaching Aussie in the next couple of years

Zinzan

Blaze said:
tbh i was sad to see aussie lose. I had a multi bet running and I needed Aus to win but it didn't matter in the end anyway, the kiwis won which i betted against as well.
That will teach you to bet against the Kiwis Blaze !! :D

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think there is much hope for the Wallabies. I reckon Eddie should go and maybe a few personnel chnages. However, I don't think that the Wallabies have the calibre of players to become the best in the world again for quite a few years. I think people have to face the fact we're not good, end of story.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Some big changes really need to be made, i think its time to panic. Jones, George all have to go and the fowards really have to have a hard look at themselves. I can't see Lyons and Young making a big enough difference to improve their performaces next winter. Its really time to fast track some youngers in the forward pack.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Watched the All Blacks v Scotland game live - Talking to the referee has become a norm it seems in the Northern Hemisphere !! :D :D

The Scots seemed to have picked this habbit from the English , and it was amusing to see the Ref being assisted by several scottish players in his decision making !! :D

To me the referees appear to lack confidance or want to be seen to appease those Teams at every opportunity .

It was pretty comical to see a scottish player taking over the referees job by indicating the ball had been knocked forward close to their line by one of the ABs after he had chased the same player all the way down the field . ( for the benefit of the Ref who had struggled to keep up with the chase )
*I thought this was why they had assistants and TMO's * :D

And it was not just one scottish player but rather more or less the whole Team at different times were talking to the ref or assisting him . :D

I hope the IRB takes note and does something about this before it gets out of hand.

Otherwise we will end up with over 20 referees on the field making decisions !! :D

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Man, Henry robbed me of three hours sleep with that third string side... And boy did they ever want the Test over and done with.

Scotland were great in the second half. Lamont's break was awesome, especially when Henderson (I think) stepped outside Gear. It would've been a classic try if he wasn't bundled into touch. It surprised me that Scotland had the best backline of the home nations.