• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Me and the Australian coach must think alike. Foley was the correct choice at 10 and was a revelation there afaic.

Kurindraini sp? Continues to make so much space for the outside backs because he is a threat himself. Great pass on the Hooper try.

Hooper needs to up his game still at the breakdown to overtake Pocock and Ritchie. Still after this performance he is now on par with them.

That backline is the correct back line and i could not have picked a better back line myself.

Only caught snippets of the game tbf or would give the forwards a review.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hooper >>>> Pocock. Not far away from Richie, either, who's getting a bit on (good game last night though).

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought White gave excellent service at half

Obviously easier when pack is doing well but it seemed like a step up from Genia

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Genia outplayed Aaron Smith last week, who was himself having a superb game. As far as I'm concerned, Genia is the best halfback in the world and has been for pretty much his whole career. Madness not to pick him whenever they can.

White is a very good back-up though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Terrible luck for Moore to get that injury in his first game as skipper. Seems a straight up bloke.

Also, that play late in the game vs England where the All Blacks had a kickabke penalty with the game tied up but decided to run it. Ballsy and brilliant. Wish there was more of it by everyone.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Terrible luck for Moore to get that injury in his first game as skipper. Seems a straight up bloke.

Also, that play late in the game vs England where the All Blacks had a kickabke penalty with the game tied up but decided to run it. Ballsy and brilliant. Wish there was more of it by everyone.
The Hurricanes have been doing that pretty much the whole season. It's mostly worked out for them.

Burgey

It's one thing to do it on a domestic competition where you get another crack next week. It's quite another to do it in a test match like that, surely?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It's one thing to do it on a domestic competition where you get another crack next week. It's quite another to do it in a test match like that, surely?
it was a foolish play. I hope he gets dropped.

The only excuse he has - is that he probably would have missed the kick as it was from a long way out.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. Beauden Barrett was the one who called for it and he's the 'Canes playmaker. Takes guts but sometimes you just have to take control of the match.

To be honest, they're playing another match next week anyway. I know the NZ public can't stand NZ losing but I don't mind us dropping the odd game if the opposition plays as well and with as much passion as England did on Saturday.

it was a foolish play. I hope he gets dropped.

The only excuse he has - is that he probably would have missed the kick as it was from a long way out.
Don't be ridiculous.
He would not have missed the kick.

He won the game.

You know who should be dropped? Israel Dagg. It's bloody ludicrous that Ben Smith is playing on the wing when he's the best fullback in the world. It's also meant that Cory Jane had to move to the left wing which is clearly not his preferred position.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Don't be ridiculous.
He would not have missed the kick.

He won the game.
It was an unnecessary risk. The only justification is if he was nervous about making a 40 metre kick. Winning the game by 3 points is as good as winning by 5 points.

you can argue that England could have recovered from a 3 point deficit with a drop goal, but it would have been unlikely with two minutes left.

Edit - if the level of conversation in this thread is going to be why isn't James O'connor playing 1st 5 for Australia, and patting Cruden on the back for the risk he took with 3 minutes left in the game with the scores locked 15-15. Then I will gracefully retire.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Beauden Barrett can do no wrong. He is the third greatest rugby player of all time behind Conrad Smith and Shane Austin.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Edit - if the level of conversation in this thread is going to be why isn't James O'connor playing 1st 5 for Australia, and patting Cruden on the back for the risk he took with 3 minutes left in the game with the scores locked 15-15. Then I will gracefully retire.
it's only a game.

Burgey

Tbh I'd probably watch a lot more of it if more players took risks like that more often. I know it's just a personal preference but I think it's gutsy and entertaining as well

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Genia outplayed Aaron Smith last week, who was himself having a superb game. As far as I'm concerned, Genia is the best halfback in the world and has been for pretty much his whole career. Madness not to pick him whenever they can.

White is a very good back-up though.
Genia was dropped for poor form

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Tbh I'd probably watch a lot more of it if more players took risks like that more often. I know it's just a personal preference but I think it's gutsy and entertaining as well
I just completely struggle to understand the criticism of it. Yeah it's a risk, but it's a positive risk.

Pretty much all the coaches agree with that too.