• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boks far too good and, if anything, more impressive than the ABs against us

Having said that, the ref's interpretation of the off-side law did us no favours as they were transgressing all night and should have been penalized out of the game

James

Cricket Web Owner
Boks far too good and, if anything, more impressive than the ABs against us
Certainly was, should be one cracker of a match at Eden Park if the weather holds.

Personally I think it would be one match too far for the Boks and they'll lose by 10, but with McCaw out who knows .

Anyone fancy the Pumas over the Wallabies next weekend?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Certainly was, should be one cracker of a match at Eden Park if the weather holds.

Personally I think it would be one match too far for the Boks and they'll lose by 10, but with McCaw out who knows .

Anyone fancy the Pumas over the Wallabies next weekend?
I think the Aussies will go undefeated against Argentina for the next 2 or 3 years. Basically because they will take them the most seriously because they have the most chance of losing. I think NZ or SA will go down to them in Argentina for their first victory.

I also make this comment because Australia are ruthless at polishing off lower ranked teams.

I am 100% confident the Pumas will boss the Aussie scrum like they did to us. Hansen claimed it was a draw last night. But not really we won the second half scrummaging on points - but got monstered early in the game.

I also think the Pumas will win more line out ball with out that gawd awful hooker they had who thankfully dislocated his shoulder. Look for the Aussies to win by less than ten points. But still win.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
anyone see the shute shield final today? the dominance uni has over the rest of the comp is becoming a farce, how the **** can one team have 1 player contracted to a super rugby club and the other have contracted players coming off the bench?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Wow, what a match that was. Just superb physical confrontations from both teams.

Barrett really stood up as well as did Cane. Really showed the depth of NZ Rugby there.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Lost interest when it became 15 men against 14.
Don't think that decided the match though, even the Springbox coach and captain admitted they were below par last night.

All Blacks proved they can't be beaten by trying to go over the top of them.

The All Blacks are still easily a step above them, and years ahead of Australia who seem to have gone massively backwards since McKenzie took over. They deserved to lose last night.

The home nations will be licking their lips against playing Australia on the end of year tour. I can't see them beating any of England, Ireland, Wales.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think that decided the match though, even the Springbox coach and captain admitted they were below par last night.

The All Blacks are still easily a step above them, and years ahead of Australia who seem to have gone massively backwards since McKenzie took over. They deserved to lose last night.
The All Blacks won the game and I guess that is the main thing that matters regardless of how many men the opposition have and to your point for the last 5 minutes SA had a man advantage so I can see where you are coming from. :)

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

The home nations will be licking their lips against playing Australia on the end of year tour. I can't see them beating any of England, Ireland, Wales.
Australia are bad but we aren't that bad - home nations side really are ****

the big bambino

International Captain
Well 1st 2 games really as the Lions just skinnied the 1st test. See O'Connor got in trouble again. Just piss him off. Most over rated player atm. In fact he has always been over rated.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think his defensive awareness is attrocious. But his offensive skills is superb. He needs to find a position in the backline and stick to it and master it. I wish he was a number 12.

the big bambino

International Captain
I just can't see anything in him. He's not especially fast to compensate for a lack of power. He can't ghost like Larkham or possess killer acceleration. Not evasive either. He can kick but he's not a 1st choice goal kicker. Neither is he a punisher in defence. I think he's a bit of a myth and has an attitude. Time for a long spell to sort out his "issues".

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think he can run around 3 guys like Beale can. Or just burn them off with gas. But if you don't want him we will take him and turn him into a star. At his first training one of our goons will pop him in the nose and the coach will tell him he will get more of that unless he starts playing with determination. We will make him grow up.

His strength is his ability on offense to make a line break or to put someone else into a line break through a slick pass. I think he shows well at super level but with tighter defence at test level does not shine as much.

His defensive positioning against the all blacks was some of the worst play from a wing I have ever seen and if you told me he had been paid off to play like that I would believe you.

I think he reads his own press and needs a solid coach to sort him out.

I agree that he has underachieved - but I think he can be a star if he gets guidance.

That is my opinion. Also he has been loyal to Aussie rugby by not going overseas and needs to be repaid for that act of faith.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Great second half performance, should have wrapped up the Rugby Championship with that.

Australia will be really up against it next weekend against Argentina. Will be interested to see the odds for the match.