• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Loins have used up a whole lifetime of spawn there.

I mean, the Wobblies missed, what, six kickable shots? & had four guys stretchered off.

If we can't put a cricket score on a team playing a flanker at centre for twenty minutes we're toast.

Plus side, a win's a win and the Loins can't be that bad again, surely?
Reading comments elsewhere from people who know more about this than I do, it will help to have a more even handed referee than Chris Pollock in the remaining tests.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
True.

His first two calls for penalties against BoD were male bovine excretia of the first water.

O'Connor did obligingly miss the resultant kicks tho.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
Argentina playing like male bovine excretia in the first half against Georgia, at home. Expect some epic trouncings in the Rugby Championship.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Lions have a pesky midweek game against the Rebels. Even if they do come through injury free it will give them a few tender bumps and bruises. Wallabies to take the next one.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Lions have a pesky midweek game against the Rebels. Even if they do come through injury free it will give them a few tender bumps and bruises. Wallabies to take the next one.
You'd think no one from the Test lineup would be in that team though?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loved that Lions-Australia game. Thriller.

As for the ABs, is there really no way we can get Ranger out of his French contract? :( Huge, huge loss.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You'd think no one from the Test lineup would be in that team though?
Right you are - posted that before I saw the line up. With two exceptions
1) Tuilagi will start against the Rebels to see if he can start the test.
3) The reserves for the tests will be reserves for this game.

the big bambino

International Captain
Probably the 1st even handed rugby ref I've seen and Lions supporters complaining they didn't get favouritism as a right. Nice to see a ref ping the other guys for BS at the scrum for a change instead of penalise the Wallabies coz everyone else does.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Probably the 1st even handed rugby ref I've seen and Lions supporters complaining they didn't get favouritism as a right. Nice to see a ref ping the other guys for BS at the scrum for a change instead of penalise the Wallabies coz everyone else does.
As a neutral I thought he started the game pinging the Lions and then was 50/50 after that.

I think his worst call was the penalty on the Lions that led to Genia taking the quick tap and Israel going over in the corner. Basically the Aussie six went over the top and sealed the ball off and the ref said nothing - so the Lions went over the top and he pinged them.

Burgey

War of attrition this match so far.
Don't be polite. It's a pile of **** mate. A ****ing embarrassment that amply illustrates why it's the fourth football code here. Fmd it's a dirge when it's played like this.

Rugby should just be the All Blacks and the Saffers. Only countries where it's fair dinkum.

flibbertyjibber

Don't be polite. It's a pile of **** mate. A ****ing embarrassment that amply illustrates why it's the fourth football code here. Fmd it's a dirge when it's played like this.

Rugby should just be the All Blacks and the Saffers. Only countries where it's fair dinkum.
Haha, you don't like it then.

It hasn't been great to watch but it is interesting. Helps we are winning at present of course.

Burgey

It's a **** of a game where you get a penalty 40 out and decide to have a shot at goal. The game has fundamental problems.

Just now, Australia down by six with eight to go, and there's a debate about whether to have a shot at goal or to attempt to score a try. It's farcical.