• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Massive loss really. The Australian captaincy curse strikes again - almost as bad as NZ 10s at the World Cup last year.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My word, absolute quality offload and support play from the ABs for the first try there. Whitelock & Read both drew crucial tackles and the latter got the perfect ball away to Dagg for the opener.

Whitelock being and lock & Read the #8, of course. Amazing ball skills from big men. #differencesbetweennorthernandsouthernhemisphererugby

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed bet looking foolish at this point. Will wait and see what happens in the next stanza.

more worringly I have $20 on the ABs just to win at $1.10 and that doesn't look safe either.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Anyways - great forward play by the boks. They are playing as a team. And we are playing as (talented) individuals.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Australia certainly made hard work of that...the return match in Argentina represents a great chance for the Pumas to pick up a victory - even the match against the ABs they're half a chance.

Spark

Global Moderator
seriously barnes needs to be reminded that this isn't netball. you're allowed to run with the damn thing

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Thoughts on that, Hurricane? :p To be fair, Cooper was worse tonight and hardly justified my backing of him.
I think my feelings on Barnes are well known. Quite liked him last night at fullback but didn't like him popping up at 1st receiver so much. Would have put Beale in the centres although McCabe has his best game in a gold jersey at 12.

Argentina were a bit tired last night or they would have won. I backed them on the TAB.

At this stage I think they are a stunning success in this competition and me and peeps I have spoken to are stoked they are in the comp.

Also Aussie underestimated them last night.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Shocking to hear about that. Can't say I saw him play in action but by all accounts sounded like a highly skilled player. Horrible news whenever someone so young and talented passes.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cooper spitting the dummy and might be off - talented player but the softest of ****s with an inflated opinion of his worth and no great loss IMO