Page 161 of 258 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3869
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Indeed, RIP. 62 too young.

Same Front 3 named again, be interesting to see if they get shunted again, though Think the Row and flankers need to lend some support, just seemed as if they weren't giving them any weight in perth (**** binds and such).

Looking forward to Genia darting through the english forwards time and again...If Burgess could do it a little last week, Genia will be all over it. Genia-Cooper combo ftw.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Yeah, rate Genia very highly. Tore us a new one at Twickers last autumn. Depressed me no end as I paid 80 for me ticket.

Be interesting to see how, er, young Youngs goes at #9 for us too. Delighted that Johnno has finally got the hint that Care is more than slightly gash. Youngs looks a talent; has a eye for a gap and can pass.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Genia-Cooper combo ftw.

Really looking forward to seeing how they go internationally. Should crush England.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    The TAB has the All blacks at $1.05 to beat Wales. I am taking the free money. NZ will win the game.
    This would be a good game to bet like $200 on.

TAB should get a twitter account or on facebook so they can publish the odds for big games as soon as they come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    The TAB has the All blacks at $1.05 to beat Wales. I am taking the free money. NZ will win the game.
    This would be a good game to bet like $200 on.

TAB should get a twitter account or on facebook so they can publish the odds for big games as soon as they come out.
    Betting $200 on the ABs yields you only $10 profit - sure its been more than 50 years since Wales have beaten the All Blacks, but I imagine there would be better alternatives. Also with odds subject to change twitter or facebook for the TAB would run the risk of having too much outdated information if starting odds for major sporting events were to be published IMO.

On another note, great victory for the NZ Maori over Ireland tonight. I watched last week's match against the NZ Barbarians and I thought they were lucky to win that, outmuscled in the scrum and tight five in particular. A much better all round showing tonight against an experimental, but certainly not weak, Irish side.

You are right about twitter and facebook.

I consider a bet on the all blacks vs wales as an investment though and a 5% return is ok by me. They will win unless one of the all blacks gets sent off in the first minute of the game. The only time we get upset is in the world cup. And that is because the other team ups its game to like 1000% effort because it is the world cup - and we keep our effort to that of just another test match. We expect the other team to roll over for us like they do in a regular test. I blame the coaching staff for not motivating our players correctly for our bad world cup performances. Anyways I am on a tangent. We will win guaranteed.
    If Wales wins I will change my Avatar to a picture of Daniel Flynn as punishment.

The Taffs putting up a decent performance so far

Been impressed with Wales - effectively both All Black tries have been opportunistic with Wales expecting an All Black penalty kick at goal rather than Cowan's quick tap and then Jane's run to score a great solo try courtesy of Smith turning over the loose ball. They're certainly not out of it only 6 points down. Dagg and Stanley have both been put under considerably greater pressure than last week with neither as impressive. Better effort from Vito though with some nice touches and runs with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Been impressed with Wales - effectively both All Black tries have been opportunistic with Wales expecting an All Black penalty kick at goal rather than Cowan's quick tap and then Jane's run to score a great solo try courtesy of Smith turning over the loose ball. They're certainly not out of it only 6 points down. Dagg and Stanley have both been put under considerably greater pressure than last week with neither as impressive. Better effort from Vito though with some nice touches and runs with the ball.
    The score line at the moment 25-9 is definitely flattering to the All Blacks. But Wales have been inferior at the breakdown. That Corey Jane try was a result of sloppy Wales work at the breakdown.

Sensational second half for the ABs and, overall, a much better performance than last week despite the enslaught of tries against Ireland. Wales really did fall apart in that second half though, surprising because I was impressed at their ability to go the distance in Cardiff last year (almost pinching a win at the end if I recall correctly). The way they fell off tackles was particularly alarming - Kahui probably couldn't believe his luck. Carter outstanding in the second half in particular - easily his best match this year after not exactly setting the world alight during the Super 14. Kahui and Woodcock impressive off the bench and Rokocoko with some excellent runs. Vito, Mealamu, Cowan, McCaw and Read also worthy of mentions IMO.

The score line at the moment 25-9 is definitely flattering to the All Blacks. But Wales have been inferior at the breakdown. That Corey Jane try was a result of sloppy Wales work at the breakdown.
    To be fair though, if you're going to tire as badly as Wales did, fall off multiple tackles and give the world's best 10 the opportunity to run at you, you're asking for trouble, particularly under the way the rules (e.g. at the breakdown) have been applied this year, so I think it'd be debatable whether that final scoreline of 42-9 was in fact flattering.

Good points Somerset. A minor point I have in my defence is that I made my post when the score was 25-9 and Wales had yet to capitulate completely. I can't figure out why we played so well in those final 20 minutes. We were ruthless and clinical.

A random thought I have is - that back in the day when I grew up - you always kicked for touch when you were on defence. These days you keep the ball in play and just hack it as far as you can down the field. On one of those clearances they kicked it to Jane who passed it to Kahui and he ran in a try. That try would never have happened in the 1980s becuase the ball would have been in touch. I was overseas for 15 years and not watching rugby so I am still making my mind up about some of the new trends in rugby.

Us v the Wallabies started very much in the manner of the first: our pack delivers lots of ball that the backs largely butcher.

Lawes is a big lad tho. Impressive physical specimen and not afriad of a bit of pagga either.

Ha, get in! Said Youngs had an eye for a gap!!

The aussie back line is one of the best I have seen out of that country in years.

The aussie back line is one of the best I have seen out of that country in years.
    Yeah, oozes potential. When they have their first choice front row fit I think the Wallabies might just challenge for the WC.

Thread Information