• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Having crash ball merchants against albeit a very slow and limited but physically big Bok side isn’t the best idea. Barritt had a good homecoming, looked like he learnt the lines to God Save the Queen overnight and replaced with a nice shiner after doing sweet FA.

Boks looked pretty ordinary. Aus and NZ still light years ahead in regards to back play.
I think we'll see more of what Lancaster's made of now. If he's got any pretensions about winning the 2nd test he has to bring in Flood to replace Barritt. Offers far more in the way of distribution, infinitely better kicking game and considerably quicker too. Would offer more support to the tyro Farrell as well, whose game management wasn't the best.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think we'll see more of what Lancaster's made of now. If he's got any pretensions about winning the 2nd test he has to bring in Flood to replace Barritt. Offers far more in the way of distribution, infinitely better kicking game and considerably quicker too. Would offer more support to the tyro Farrell as well, whose game management wasn't the best.
Taken out of Lancaster's hands: Barritt misses second test.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Barnes has been superb leading the waratahs to 6 straight losses. Give me Quade any day of the week. When a wimpy 5/8 can get so far up Sir richie and the rest of the countries nose that a full blown hate campaign is directed at him he may be doing something right. "oh noes the 5/8 stood up to our worlds greatest flanker, how dare he fight back against richie who is an angel an example for god himsel to live upto"

Cooper>Barnes - Reds v Waratahs will show this.
Reds v Waratahs is unlikely to prove **** as all of Cooper's deficiencies surface when he is under pressure/playing behind a pack going backwards

With all due respect, that is unlikely to happen against a NSW team that is arguably its worst in Super Rugby history

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Barnes has been superb leading the waratahs to 6 straight losses. Give me Quade any day of the week. When a wimpy 5/8 can get so far up Sir richie and the rest of the countries nose that a full blown hate campaign is directed at him he may be doing something right. "oh noes the 5/8 stood up to our worlds greatest flanker, how dare he fight back against richie who is an angel an example for god himsel to live upto"

Cooper>Barnes - Reds v Waratahs will show this.
Barnes is money.

Quade is a broke ass chump.:ph34r::ph34r:

Serious answer - Quade's game requires extra time and space which you don't get at international level.

I think the time has come to put him on the right wing and let him just use his side stepping to score tries rather than directing traffic.

Also serious answer - I don't know why the NZ public went after him. I think we thought he was good. Sort of like Hadlee is a wanker chants from the 1980s bay 13 crowd.

My back line

Genia
Barnes
O connor
AAC
15 Beale
Wings
Iaone Cooper.

Also it is time to dump Robbie Deans. Need some fresh ideas and a fresh direction for the next world cup. The only thing he can claim credit for is the development of JOC.

Aussie should be the competing for best team in the world status if they got their selection policy sorted.

Bring back Alan Jones. Had no issues when he was coaching. Simon Poidevin was a god.

Aussie always have gun number 7s.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've barely seen a game of Super Rugby this season, but surely there's a better fit Winger floating around than Cooper Vuna.

Quaggas

State Captain
Barnes is money.

Quade is a broke ass chump.:ph34r::ph34r:

Serious answer - Quade's game requires extra time and space which you don't get at international level.

I think the time has come to put him on the right wing and let him just use his side stepping to score tries rather than directing traffic.

Also serious answer - I don't know why the NZ public went after him. I think we thought he was good. Sort of like Hadlee is a wanker chants from the 1980s bay 13 crowd.

My back line

Genia
Barnes
O connor
AAC
15 Beale
Wings
Iaone Cooper.

Also it is time to dump Robbie Deans. Need some fresh ideas and a fresh direction for the next world cup. The only thing he can claim credit for is the development of JOC.

Aussie should be the competing for best team in the world status if they got their selection policy sorted.

Bring back Alan Jones. Had no issues when he was coaching. Simon Poidevin was a god.

Aussie always have gun number 7s.
Obvs they already are there and abouts, and can get even better. But as long as NZ are around, it will always be like those CC threads "Your ATG XI, ex Bradman."

ripper868

International Coach
Reds v Waratahs is unlikely to prove **** as all of Cooper's deficiencies surface when he is under pressure/playing behind a pack going backwards

With all due respect, that is unlikely to happen against a NSW team that is arguably its worst in Super Rugby history
With all due respect any 5/8 or half back behind a pack going backwards is going to struggle.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Obvs they already are there and abouts, and can get even better. But as long as NZ are around, it will always be like those CC threads "Your ATG XI, ex Bradman."
I think Australia's backline at full strength is just as good as ours - particularly when Genia plays well. And with Pocock and Horwill leading the pack I don't think its unreasonable to claim that Australia should be challenging the ABs more often. I think its a mentality thing that holds them back at times.

Despite two wins against England, I don't really rate the South Africans at present. The front row aside, its going to take their forward pack a while to gel together at international level and a Morne Steyn led backline really only has one plan...

Interested to see how the ABs go with a reshuffled XV this weekend. Particularly keen to see how Romano and Cane fare in their starting debuts, and how Beauden Barrett shapes up if he comes off the bench.

Spark

Global Moderator
so it goes like this

- get ball
- put together some attacking phases
- look dangerous
- **** up at breakdown
- tear out hair

rinse, repeat

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is an abortion of a sport. Fine day, dry track, full house and both sides taking penalty shots everywhere.

I'll wait for the one decent test of the winter followed by the inevitable "game they play in heaven" bull**** which follows.

OMG a try!!!!

Guys!!!!!

A ****ing try.

Abysmal.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This is an abortion of a sport. Fine day, dry track, full house and both sides taking penalty shots everywhere.

I'll wait for the one decent test of the winter followed by the inevitable "game they play in heaven" bull**** which follows.

OMG a try!!!!

Guys!!!!!

A ****ing try.

Abysmal.
Ref has been ****ing it up. But it is getting good now.