• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like Chiliboy Ralepelle and Bjorn Basson failed drugs tests after the game against Ireland the other week. Cheating ****s.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If you would name two players in the Bok squad who would fail a drug tests, those two would pretty much be bottom of the list… Basson, who is already out injured only needed two more tries to break the record for most tries in a year by a South African.

The South African team are pretty worried that some of the other guys might have methylhexaneamine in their system. It was only added to the WADA prohibited list this year and the drug is commonly found in stuff like anti-flu remedies.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, as usual, Uppercut is looking at this in his black-or-white style. This sounds like far from a deliberate flouting of the rules by the players, particularly if it stems back to the team's energy drinks or remedies.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I definitely need to take an example from Voltman, whose opinions are notoriously well-thought-out and level-headed when it comes to issues involving his country's national rugby team.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Munster claim another famous scalp after their 12-0 win over the All Blacks in 1978, knocking off Australia tonight by 15-6. Australia, with all due respect, were a shower of ****e.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Munster claim another famous scalp after their 12-0 win over the All Blacks in 1978, knocking off Australia tonight by 15-6. Australia, with all due respect, were a shower of ****e.
Not to forget how close they came to beating the All Blacks two years ago, but for a try to Rokocoko with just a few minutes remaining. From what I've read on the match Australia were poor and terrible weather hardly helped. Either way I think its great when midweek matches pitting international and domestic sides are played, particularly when the domestic side pull off a victory (Leicester, Saracens, NZ Maori (twice) and now Munster all within the past 12 months).

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samoa leading Eng early in the second half

Not a bad game - teams have similar skill levels but cant see the fat basterds from Samoa lasting

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scoreline in the Oz-Italy match flattered the visitors

Our scrum was again ordinary but we had too much class overall

Must say the minnows look to have developed quite a bit - all look more professional and disciplined with even Italy showing flair

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to the old Sweaty Socks. Not exactly a first choice Bok XV, but big result after they were mullered by the ABs.

Rather workmanlike performance by England, but that's us, sadly. Hape did well at twelve, but we didn't quite get over the gainline to the same extent as we did v the Wobblies.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My cousin was at the match - called it a 'henkick' (as opposed to a 'dogfight', apparently). Impressive by Parks to kick seven I guess.
Lol. Never heard that one but am stealing it for later use.

Didn't see the game because it clashed with ours, but suspect it was a triumph of the boot and the weather.

Micks putting up good early show versus NZ. McCaw looking almost human.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Micks putting up good early show versus NZ. McCaw looking almost human.
Pretty similar to our match against the Irish on the tour of 2008 where Ireland held us to 3-3 until just before halftime, and then the floodgates opened. Never really looked like the ABs would lose although had Ireland scored after O'Driscoll's very fine try that would've made for an interesting finish. Boric and Read the standouts - particularly promising that Boric played so well. Funnily enough Donald wasn't called on again (although I suspect Henry and co. wanted Carter to stay on and break Wilkinson's record).

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Scotland leading SA

This Bokkies team really is ****e
Hah, after watching Scotland so outclassed last week against the ABs thats an even bigger upset than England beating Australia - I do realise SA are missing key personnel but they're the World Champions, have the two sides which contested this year's Super 14 final and should have more than enough talent to compensate to allow them to beat Scotland (and indeed put in more convincing efforts against Wales and Ireland).