• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

open365

International Vice-Captain
Anna said:
:pokey: :@ Don't start on Olly! You're talking to a big Bath fan here....! Glad to see Danny Grewcock without a beard....bloomin scary that was :crazy: lol.
I'm a Leicester fan,i feel obliged to not like bath players.

Anna

open365 said:
I'm a Leicester fan,i feel obliged to not like bath players.
Lol, fair enough :D

Blaze said:
I thought Latham was outstanding today, I have always liked him as a player and he showed so much guts and passion out there. Felt sorry for him that his forward pack couldn't follow his lead.
He was good. I reckon they could've continued having contested scrums if they'd put Latham in at prop - he's big enough!! Glad to hear Dunning's OK....didn't realise Ben Darwin's injury in the WC ended his career tho :(

PY

International Coach
Who do you reckon has the potentially strongest pack out of AB and Eng?

No doubt, New Zealand are streets ahead of England as a whole but I was pretty impressed with England's pack yesterday. And was very impressed with AB against Wales all the way through. They are looking awesome at the moment.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
Who do you reckon has the potentially strongest pack out of AB and Eng?

No doubt, New Zealand are streets ahead of England as a whole but I was pretty impressed with England's pack yesterday. And was very impressed with AB against Wales all the way through. They are looking awesome at the moment.
We'll find out this week, won't we? Sheridan looked good against Hayman in the Maori match but Hayman's cause wasn't helped by having Corey Flynn and Deacon Manu alongside and the skinny beanpole Sean Hohneck as one of the locks pushing.

Aside from that, I hold no fears. Williams and Jack have formed a brilliant second row partnership this season, while Collins, So'oialo and McCaw will match the English in strength and hammer the English at the breakdown.

If possession is equal, we'll slaughter England in the backs.

Anna

I reckon England should try Lewsey at centre (he's played there quite a bit for Wasps) in place of Jamie Noon- having 2 crash-and-bashers like Tindall & Noon doesn't seem to be working- and start with van Gisbergen at the back. That might give a bit more creativity.....

Just read that Martyn Wood of Bath's out for the season with a neck injury that was the result of a freak trampolining accident in training!?! Bummer :( Nick Walshe has got a knee injury too....running a bit short on scrum-halves now! At least Andy Williams can get a decent run in his preferred position :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
Now Wales & Ireland are supposedly two good Six Nations sides. Having 2 key players out obviously will hurt, but its still no excuse to lose by around 35 points.
To be fair to Wales they were missing a lot more than just 2 players.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
But it isn't a good sign for Wales if they have an injury crisis at the World Cup is it?
These days, its rare to see a side put their best side on the field consistently because there are always injuries.

NZ im absolutely certain will play a near full-strength side, if not their first pick team. Out of all the games on this tour, the one they will want to win the most is England. They'll want to come away from Twickenham with a sound win.

Anna

Tis a pain they've got so many injuries....it's meant that Andy Williams has been called to the squad & Bath are missing 2 scrum-halves already!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Voltman said:
Those seems to be the murmurings coming out of the camp, yes.
I would say good, because I'd like to see them play as a unit, but unfortunately I fear the worst if that is the case!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
oooo don't let that comment come back to bite you!

On current form, you'd expect the AB's to at least win..but 30 points is a big punt.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
oooo don't let that comment come back to bite you!

On current form, you'd expect the AB's to at least win..but 30 points is a big punt.
I predicted (on another forum) 20+-point wins over Wales and Ireland, and I've got full confidence in this side. England cannot expect to win the amount of ball they did against Australia, and they seriously don't know how to use it.

Linda

Voltman said:
If it's our top team, don't be surprised to see a 30-point gap after 80 minutes.
If theres one thing Id like to see right now, its that.

Linda

Voltman said:
Why's that?
Over the past couple of months its come to my attention just how disgusting English people are when they (occasionally) win... :p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Linda said:
Over the past couple of months its come to my attention just how disgusting English people are when they (occasionally) win... :p
But I'm disgusting all the time yet you still seem to like New Zealanders...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I dunno mate, we're talking about Twickenham here.

Still, I'll be one of the first to congratulate you if your prediction is correct.