• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Delany may be back playing for the BOP this weekend, but that'd be a big ask to ask him to step up to a test bench spot after just one game at a semi-decent level.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Weepu will have to play 9 to do the goal kicking. At least this is what I would do. Don't know who I would bring in to the squad as a back up number 10. Donald is out. You mentioned that Delany is out. You would think it would have to be someone with Super 14 experience so maybe Stephen Brett - yet he isn't playing ten for Canterbury so it won't be him.
I figure the best bet is Weepu. He will have to start at 9 and move to 10 if Cruden gets injured.

Good chance for Cruden to get some experience anyway.
Another possibility is to start Israel Dagg on the wing/fullback and have him goalkick (wouldn't put him at 10 as per Ripper's suggestion mind) given he did a reasonable job of it in the Super 14, although Weepu's the obvious option for the kicking role.

Re. McAlister, hes playing at 12 for North Harbour and has shared the goalkicking with the Harbour flyhalfs in Ben Botica and Mike Harris. Also started at 12 for the Maori.