Page 130 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3869
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Nick Evans (would presumably be a fly-half for that cash-chasing NZ XV with Carter's crocking?) not showering himself in glory for Harlequins in the other semi. Three missed pens and some stupid decisions (at least according to radio)

edit: and now off for Waisea Luveniyali. Says it all.
    Last edited by Samuel_Vimes; 09-05-2009 at 12:10 PM.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Haha the kicking was so incredibly bad in the Quins Irish game. I think Evans was carrying a knee injury, but some of his kicks were simply appalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quinlan's out of the Lions tour. Quite right too. I really rate him as a player but you can't let someone away with something as disgraceful as gouging just because they're good. Fair play to the boards for taking a difficult decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Quinlan's out of the Lions tour. Quite right too. I really rate him as a player but you can't let someone away with something as disgraceful as gouging just because they're good. Fair play to the boards for taking a difficult decision.
    Was pretty ordinary, yes. As I said to Samuel tho disciplinary boards have swept worse ones under the carpet before.

Croft to be called up now, which is no more than correcting an injustice anyway IMHO.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    An adevertisement for rugby (photo taken by mate from the weekend game)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    So Cipriani is now 6th choice stand-off for England, but 3rd choice for the Lions. Makes sense.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    So Cipriani is now 6th choice stand-off for England, but 3rd choice for the Lions. Makes sense.
    Think if push comes to shove Johnno will take the Tigers player over the other bloke, so Vesty & Goode were always in the box seat to get a gig. That he's behind Tom May (who I've never even seen play) is rather more of a shock tho.

Nice to see Wally back in the squad after his career looked over a coupla years ago.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I was looking at getting to Edinburgh for the Heineken Cup final on Saturday. Ridiculously long journey though, and a touch too expensive when you factor in getting there and back.

Extended 29-man Wallabies squad named Today for Test matches against the Barbarians, Italy and France:-

Forwards - Benn Robinson, Ben Alexander, Al Baxter, Pek Cowan, Stephen Moore, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Nathan Sharpe, James Horwill, Peter Kimlin, Dean Mumm, Matt Hodgson, George Smith, David Pocock, Phil Waugh, Richard Brown.

Backs - Josh Valentine, Luke Burgess, Matt Giteau, Berrick Barnes, Quade Cooper, Stirling Mortlock, Timana Tahu, Ryan Cross, Lote Tuqiri, Peter Hynes, Lachie Turner, Drew Mitchell, Adam Ashley-Cooper, James O'Connor.

Stoked Turner is in the side, seriously gun winger/FB he is. Not to sure about the halfback position though, Burgess needs to find some of his old form.

I was disappointed the Chiefs lost the Super 14 final. They're my favourite New Zealand side and my 10th favourite Super 14 side, so to see them go down like that hurt. But gosh South African rugby is powerful. Just a powerful, POWERFUL, rugby nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    I was disappointed the Chiefs lost the Super 14 final. They're my favourite New Zealand side and my 10th favourite Super 14 side, so to see them go down like that hurt. But gosh South African rugby is powerful. Just a powerful, POWERFUL, rugby nation.

Indeed, is rugby THE number 1 sport in SA? and the way they play the game is just as you mentioned, powerful, Tri-nations will be interesting this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Indeed, is rugby THE number 1 sport in SA? and the way they play the game is just as you mentioned, powerful, Tri-nations will be interesting this year.
    No. Soccer is. And cricket is probably second.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Do remember though that only one South African side made the top four of the Super 14 (obviously the Bulls), and the third best South African side didn't even get close to finishing in the top half of the table...so all very well to make such comments about South Africa being a force (which, given the calibre of some of their current players is a fair observation) but there are flaws as well.

Thread Information