Page 120 of 248 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3715
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Yeah Pienaar was all class, had an excellent kicking game.

Good win for SA, they played poorly in the 2nd half, but thank god the Welsh lost, can't stand their Rugby team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    SA, dire against Wales.. Mind you, no harm in playing badly and still winning I guess.. Props to Ruan Pienaar, Ryan Kanckowski and JP Pietersen for good games however..
    ? I like Kanko but he wasn't impressive yesterday (no physicality) and Spies wasn't as well. That guy hasn't looked half decent since coming back into the international fold.

Pienaar had a top game, his so good and Captain Smit didn't look out of place at prop.

Also this made

Ref - "Do not do that again (slowing down the ball) in your own 22 again, ok?"
    Smit - "But itís the first time they've been here... "

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Also this made

Ref - "Do not do that again (slowing down the ball) in your own 22 again, ok?"
    Smit - "But it’s the first time they've been here... "
    Haha - who was refereeing out of interest?

Thought the New Zealand vs Scotland game yesterday morning was a better spectacle than Hong Kong and entertaining but the All Blacks will be slightly wary of their infringing (though partly due to Barnes' obsession with blowing his whistle in the first half) and inaccuracy at times. Defence was very good though and they took almost all opportunties on attack, which were surprisingly few, so I'm sure they'll be pleased with those aspects of the match. BTW does anyone know what they were trying to achieve prematch by turning the lights off? Whose bright idea was that? Get it...bright idea...haha maybe not.

And Mathewson called in for Ellis apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Haha - who was refereeing out of interest?

Thought the New Zealand vs Scotland game yesterday morning was a better spectacle than Hong Kong and entertaining but the All Blacks will be slightly wary of their infringing (though partly due to Barnes' obsession with blowing his whistle in the first half) and inaccuracy at times. Defence was very good though and they took almost all opportunties on attack, which were surprisingly few, so I'm sure they'll be pleased with those aspects of the match. BTW does anyone know what they were trying to achieve prematch by turning the lights off? Whose bright idea was that? Get it...bright idea...haha maybe not.

And Mathewson called in for Ellis apparently.
    Alain Rolland and he had a bit of shocker.

Good knowledge of the rules by McCaw with that penalty try - too bad he couldnt put that knowledge to better use and refrain from infringing for even a milisecond of the first half.

NZ have more talent but have have played poorly and been let off by a shocking refereeing performance

Cue Voltman spitting his dummy in 3.... 2.....
    Last edited by social; 15-11-2008 at 11:18 AM.

I'm not going to bother with you social. You're a childish ****-stirrer.

Besides, I just got up.

Voltman, the reason the rest of the world delights in seeing the ABs fail is because of their supporters unwillingness to see their weaknesses

The ABs should really have won 3 or 4 world cups and they're going to win this game after a try by an Aussie leaguie but until they stop choking, stuff them and I'll rejoice in the sight of our pack pushing Eng all over the park

I get the impression that today:

Scotland bottled it
    England bottled it
    Ireland bottled it

Awesome.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australiaís Darren Lehmann is a Ďblatant loserí insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Voltman, the reason the rest of the world delights in seeing the ABs fail is because of their supporters unwillingness to see their weaknesses

The ABs should really have won 3 or 4 world cups and they're going to win this game after a try by an Aussie leaguie but until they stop choking, stuff them and I'll rejoice in the sight of our pack pushing Eng all over the park
    You're a troll. A sad ****ing troll.

I can most certainly see our weaknesses (crappy lineout most of the time, inability to win close games in world cups) but your hate campaign against McCaw reeks of patheticness and jealousy. Of course he plays on the edge of the law, but so does Smith, Burger and every other international 7. The reason he is the object of your hate is because he does it better than everyone else and - partly due to that - he's part of a winning team most of the time.

I'd be happy about Australia's win over England today - particularly their effort to shove England off the ball - if it wasn't for supporters like you.

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    SA, dire against Wales.. Mind you, no harm in playing badly and still winning I guess.. Props to Ruan Pienaar, Ryan Kanckowski and JP Pietersen for good games however..
    World Cup winning syndrome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    All these Broad fans are no doubt Kohli fans too. Fans of tosspot wankers.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Watched the last 20' of NZ-Ireland. **** me, what a waste of 20' of my life that was.

Actually saw fewer knock-ons and better movement in the Under 13 2nd XV game I reffed today.

I am interested to know why Australia don't have to bind at the scrum any more, incidentally.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    What a boring Test.

The All Blacks were never stretched and never had to lift a gear. Iím wondering if we should let Smith go to Ospreys, because the backs didnít fire again. Mils should be at home, Grand Slam tour be damned. My sister was born with a hole in her heart and Iím sure his son will be OK, but the guyís gotta be beside himself. Cowan had a shocker. Nonu and Smith were the pick of the backs. I laughed when the Irish commentator said Nonu was the perfect 12, yeah maybe if he played Ireland every weekend.

The pack played well. Lineouts and scrums were good. I just wish the forwards would link with the backs on attack instead of us going wide so early, you canít burn a lot of teams with outside pace these days.

I swear Ireland were up to no good at the breakdown, but we wonít talk about that because itís boring.

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post

You really don't know much about rugby.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Awta
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

A bunch of Kiwis not realising that there's more to life than rugby

Gee, what a surprise

Thread Information