Page 119 of 262 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3923
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

Forgot to add...

My main gripe with the way Australia played is they've got no decent kickers in their side. Ashley-Cooper needs to improve himself in that area and too often he hands the onus back to the opposition with poorly placed kicks.

Giteau's not too flash hot in that area either. But at least ghe gives you a moment or two in every match when he stand back in awe. That pass was fantastic.

As for McCaw, like I said I don't begrudge him getting away with stuff because that's what loosies do. I agree he had a quiet game though.

It just proves Francis knows next to ****-all about rugby.
    You give an opinion that South Africa have the best rugby history and suddenly everything's sheep stations.

ITSTL, Francis banned.

Out of interest, how did the atmosphere seem at the match?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    ITSTL, Francis banned.

Nah it is a good thing.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

has anyone read greg growdens article in the smh. The guys an idiot whingeing about the ref the whole time. I didnt think he was that bad but more like the wallabies played some stupid rugby. Stephen moore was either off his feet or lying on the ball for most of the game and the ref pinged him accordingly. I didnt think sivis pass was that forward id say it was flat and therefore a good call not to pick it up.
    Daniel Vettori is an absolute legend!

Can the TMO pick up on forward passes or not (like League can't)?

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Can the TMO pick up on forward passes or not (like League can't)?
    Union only allows the TMO to make decisions on the actual act of scoring, so not on offside nor any forward passes in the build-up to the try. I haven't seen the try again since watching the match live but at the time I thought it was a line ball - worse has been missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Seemed to be dominated by New Zealanders and Australians to be honest! Obviously tour groups and ex-patriots made up a sizeable proportion of the crowd. General atmosphere was pretty decent but doesn't come close compared to the party atmosphere of the Sevens.

All Blacks team to face Scotland was named last night - only Williams, Donald and Toeava maintain starting spots from the Hong Kong test. "No more rotation?" - yeah right.

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Rotation's OK now 'cos we won the Tri-Nations/Bledisloe... Seriously, though, we need some new talent. Namely a tighthead, reserve tighthead, replacement lock, loose forward cover, back-up first five, second five, right wing and fullback cover. I expect us to play like silly buggers. We'll have too much athleticism for Scotland, but I doubt we'll see a quality performance. The loose forward alignment smacks of Hansen. Instead of playing guys in the right position they're trying to find that magic utility loosie. Set pieces will be interesting. It's a pretty loose pack.

Amusing that Carter and McCaw are on the bench in case it all goes pear shaped.

If we're trying to find a replacement for McCaw at openside flanker, why are we not playing Scott Waldrom who was picked with that specific role? I'm not sure he'll get more than 10 minutes game time against anyone other than Munster to be honest, so you have to wonder why Thompson's playing at seven this week. I don't have that much of an issue dropping McCaw and So'oialo, when you consider they've both played for three or four weeks in a row now (the Hong Kong test and final rounds of the Air New Zealand Cup) but why drop Jerome Kaino, whos played one match in the last month?

I think we've got adequate cover in some of the positions you've mentioned. With Rokocoko back, right wing is covered and Kahui IMO was very impressive in that position towards the end of the Tri Nations. Toeava's best position, at least in my view, is at full back and I'd say he'll again impress tomorrow morning against the Scots from 15. Loose forward cover with Thompson, Messam and Read looks pretty good to me - I suppose we do need to try these guys but I was just a bit disappointed we're throwing the whole lot of them into a test match together. Eaton's return provides an extra locking option and Boric's done a reasonable job so far - although I still have my doubts about him. Agree that tighthead prop looks a little thin, and unless Donald can step up from Hong Kong, we'll still be worried about cover at first and second five.

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    BTW, I dunno if you heard about this in NZ, but Tony Brown was seriously injured in a club game over here -- http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/sports/20081105TDY22106.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket View Post
    BTW, I dunno if you heard about this in NZ, but Tony Brown was seriously injured in a club game over here -- http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/sports/20081105TDY22106.htm
    No I hadn't heard. Thanks for the link to the article. Hope he'll be ok.

Liking Butch James highlights…

Haha, this is going to be a long game with the commentators. Dunno who he is, but he keeps calling Lachlan Turne, "Lacky" (as opposed to Locky) Turner FFS.

Pinball Champion!
    SA, dire against Wales.. Mind you, no harm in playing badly and still winning I guess.. Props to Ruan Pienaar, Ryan Kanckowski and JP Pietersen for good games however..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Thread Information