• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Seemed to be an aweful lot of stoppages and penalties in the first half, penalty count must be in the 12-15 range already IMO. Would be nice to see some tries too...good break from Australia after the 40 minutes were up and we cycnically killed the ball, but apart from that theres barely been a sustained period of pressure from either side in their opposite's 22.

And LOL at Baxter, I think even Deans has come to the realisation that hes playing with dead weight.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Could a few of the AB's just pretend they know the words to the anthem? Looks a bit when they just stand there with their mouth's shut.
Haha, don't start that again - there was a discussion a while back this year in the media about how our players should be singing the anthem, personally I'm not bothered as for me anyway their performance is what matters.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Great second half, very tense last few minutes especially. Excellent try from Nonu, it was he who started the move and with some good skill from Read and Sivivatu that was the difference in the end. Thought Cowan was a bit unlucky not to have scored earlier, debatable obstruction IMO. Didn't get much of a replay on the forward pass that resulted in the other try being disallowed though did look the right decision. That away win could be decisive, South Africa have been powerful so far but can they win away from home?

Francis

State Vice-Captain
New Zealand deserved the win for dominating territory and possession.

If the Aussies want to hand the blame the loss on something it should be Giteau's kicking from hand. The Aussies just can't find a platform downfield with kicking like that. When they kick they kick down the gullet of players like Sivivatu and it just hands back possession to New Zealand.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great second half, very tense last few minutes especially. Excellent try from Nonu, it was he who started the move and with some good skill from Read and Sivivatu that was the difference in the end. Thought Cowan was a bit unlucky not to have scored earlier, debatable obstruction IMO. Didn't get much of a replay on the forward pass that resulted in the other try being disallowed though did look the right decision. That away win could be decisive, South Africa have been powerful so far but can they win away from home?
Playing at Perth, will be like a home game for the Boks.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Great game of rugby tonight, really enjoyed it and so tense. Carter's return made such a difference to our back-line play as expected really. Fantastic to see our wingers get the ball out wide again.

Haha, don't start that again - there was a discussion a while back this year in the media about how our players should be singing the anthem, personally I'm not bothered as for me anyway their performance is what matters.
Not bothered at all myself. How many people here can say they know all the words to their national anthem? I'd do away with the national anthems altogether. Just get on and play the game as far as I'm concerned.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Aussie commentators are so bitter. Keep having digs at the Boks for continually kicking (they are not) but last time I checked, they have scored three tries more than Australia and the most in the competition.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just wondering what Aussie fans think, are you now regretting the appointment of Robbie Deans following these run of losses? Would you like to see him sacked?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just wondering what Aussie fans think, are you now regretting the appointment of Robbie Deans following these run of losses? Would you like to see him sacked?
Deans is not the one making the knock-ons, turnovers and terrible lineout throws

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good win by Aus and a nice debut start from the Zimbo refugee.

Don't think the Boks have ever scored a try at Suncorp and with no bonus point, their still need something from Hamilton next week.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I think for the All Blacks to win the tournament, we need two wins, a bonus point, not for South Africa to get a bonus point, and a seven point win over South Africa. So theres still plenty of work to be done, but at least Australia have managed to keep the tournament alive for another week!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amazing defensive performances!

SA really showed the performance and pride of a world champion to avoid a probable 30 point blow-out

As an Oz fan I dont know what to think

Lots of talent but inconsistency still rules

2011 is still the aim I suppose

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Your right there.

Habana was immense in defence. People sometimes overstate the attacking threat he is but defensively there isn't many better wingers around. Strong in the tackle, good positional sense and fantastic under the high ball. The perfect winger.

Was off by the 38th minute but the Boks will need him for next week. Already saw today that they miss JP on the wing, can't afford to lose Habana as well.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Thank you Australia :notworthy :laugh:

Hope flaming Headmaster Henry doesn't balls up this chance, this talk of moving Carter to second five and putting Donald in at first seems strange considering they have paired up in the opposite positions before and performed.

ripper868

International Coach
Smit was underdone at Prop IMO, got popped several times.

Genia the standout for mine, no hesitation, great service, an eye for the gap, should be the 9 the rest of the way to 2011 IMO