• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I fear for Armageddon, if JBL retains it'll be possibly the worst PPV for ages. Jesus injured himself at a house show so won't be able to work a match properly, and there's nothing on the rest of the card that would make any sane person want to spend money on it.

And why the hell do they keep persisting with Kenzo Suzuki. Out of all the talent in Asia, why choose the ugliest,most boring and sloppiest worker of the lot?

Surely Jimmy Yang, who is an amazing talent and has some charisma could've done a million times better than Kenzo with this gimmick?

Bte, i just got a hold of the awesome London vs Akio match. Anyone know where I can upload it?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
London vs. Akio? Was that on Velocity? I don't know where to upload it, but I'll find out. I wanna see that badly, and if you say it's awesome I wanna see that even more.

Armageddon looks pretty bland, but I've been suckered in to buy it simply because the chance that Booker (and Eddie for that matter) could win the belt is enough for me to fork out the money. I've been following Booker's career much too long to miss out on him possibly winning the WWE title.

duffer

Yep it's their Velocity match. It's only a short match, about 6ish minutes but that's due to the sick bump that London took early in the match so they had to impromptu end the match at about halfway through it.

But in that six minutes we see more than we'd see in any other WWE match. It had everything, awesomely paced, two great workers and athletes pulling off great moves and reversals, in-ring psychology was excellent and off course whenever cruises are around we get sick spots too!!

I felt like punching something after seeing this match and realising that these two should be getting the pushes that the likes of Suzuki, Dupree,Kidman, Snitsky etc are getting, but they're being wasted while at the peak of their powers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You know what sucks? The way the WWE use the cruiserweights all together. For like a year all they had was Rey in the divisision. Then they finally push Chavo, and have him job to Jaqueline :huh:

Now Kidman wasn't what he was in WCW, far from it actually, but the push he was getting I found very interesting. I was hoping for a long feud with Paul London, but they just dropped that for no damn reason at all.

Then it seems they're going to pursue Chavo vs. Kidman. But guess what? They just drop that after Survivor Series, and the cruiserweights don't appear on SD for 3 weeks.

The WWE are idiots, point blank. They don't know what they're doing and have no respect for talents that don't happen to be 6'6 and 300 pounds. People can criticise WCW's mismanagement, but at least they knew how to handle the cruiserweights. Kidman, Rey, Ultimo Dragon, Dean Malenko, Psychosis, Chavo Guerrero, Eddie Guerrero, La Parka and Chris Jericho. That's heaven right there. Absolute heaven.

duffer

Have you got the Eddie DVD? The matches on that are absolute gold. Makes me reminisce about the good old days of the WCW. His matches against Jericho, Chavo at BATB and Mysterio at Havoc were awesome.

If WWE 24/7 ever comes to Oz I'd order it just for the WCW cruiser matches and the Bret Hart matches/feuds.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No I unfortunately haven't picked that up yet, I want it badly. I've got Benoit's, I think I've watched the Owen Hart tribute match around 10 times since I've got it.

I must pick up the Eddie DVD soon. How's the actual story on the DVD? Is it as good as Benoit's? Because I loved that, how it showed him fight to the top. :)

duffer

The story wasn't too shabby, I quite liked it.

The matches are the real go though. Absolute quality. I'd never seen the Bash match vs Chavo or the Hair vs Mask matches he had in Mexico, top stuff. Theres also some great vignettes,commercials and other little pieces as extras too.

I'm still waiting for the day a Bret Hart DVD comes out. If it ever does :unsure:

duffer

And one of my mate's who's seen both reckons the Eddie one has the better story so there you go.

I gotta get the Benoit one sometime. What matches has it got on it, other than the Owen Tribute one?

masterblaster

International Captain
duffer said:
Any Triple H DVD's?
Oh well I'll scrap the prizes, I own.....

Wrestlemania XIX (19) and yes, Triple H: The Game, which profiles his whole career from Terra-Ryzing in WCW up until The Cerebral Assasin in WWE with most of his most awesome kick ass matches in it.

so yeah,

Wrestlemania XIX and Triple H: The Game

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Are you ready?...

BLAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH! :lol: Wrestlecrap.com has, and always will rule.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hey mate, thanks for asking. I am in an extremely happy mood. :)

ENTER: 96.50.

That'll get me into the Melbourne Uni course I desire :D

Hey Sangrah what's your email? I'll add you so we can chat about wrestling, Indian cricket, and whatever else :p

masterblaster

International Captain
Jono said:
Hey mate, thanks for asking. I am in an extremely happy mood. :)

ENTER: 96.50.

That'll get me into the Melbourne Uni course I desire :D

Hey Sangrah what's your email? I'll add you so we can chat about wrestling, Indian cricket, and whatever else :p
Wow, congratulations mate! All the hard work has paid off!

My msn is: masterblaster_22 @ hotmail . com

without the spaces.....

cheers,

Sangrah

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just finished watching the PPV. All I'm going to say is damn the WWE, damn them to hell. :(

I'll give a review with full results later, I gotta get ready now for an awards ceremony at school. Man, after such a good start to the day... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.