• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chelsea FC

nibbs

International Captain
I just hope sanity prevails and a 65 million pound bid is tabled for Henry. How could Arsenal say no to that?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nibbs said:
I just hope sanity prevails and a 65 million pound bid is tabled for Henry. How could Arsenal say no to that?
the fact they would prefer to keep him, if Henry left Arsenal, chelsea and man utd are the last teams he would join. im sure whatever bid chelsea made real madrid would match, and im sure he'd go to spain.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
well last year chelsea offered £100 million for Henry, and it was turned down, dont think much has changed since then tbh

Craig

World Traveller
nibbs said:
Inter have reportly turned down £67m from Chelsea for Adriano. Whether that is just to push the price or to keep Veron we will see.

I'm confident he will stay but I will see it before I believe it.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
On Kezman, I thought he was a steal for £5m after watching him in a couple of games for PSV.

Mind you, I thought they'd done well to get Crespo!

Which striker are they going to sign this summer and then ruin?
As with Mutu.

Raul is crap now, I saw him play for Real against Zaragoza, either I wasn't paying much attention he did look like he wasn't an overly great deal of much.

Eto'o is another who is supposed to be coming.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
raul is not crap, we will one day see him at or close to his best as he is a quality player and quality will shine through.

As for mutu his demise is indeed his own fault but he was not helped at all by the chelsea set up....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
the suppirt they offered him was not at all sufficient, both ranieri and mourinho have stated that they suspected that something was amiss with him but then for some very odd reason they didnt do anything to follow it up.....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
on the topic of strikers valencia have signed kluivert today.....extremely unwise decision imo...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
sledger said:
the suppirt they offered him was not at all sufficient, both ranieri and mourinho have stated that they suspected that something was amiss with him but then for some very odd reason they didnt do anything to follow it up.....
But something was up!

Something very illegal.

Craig

World Traveller
sledger said:
well last year chelsea offered £100 million for Henry, and it was turned down, dont think much has changed since then tbh
Since when?

I'm pretty clued up when it comes to transfer stories in the press, and I have never such a thing?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Craig said:
Since when?

I'm pretty clued up when it comes to transfer stories in the press, and I have never such a thing?
when arsenal played celta vigo at home in the champions league the season before last roman abramovich came to highbury to watch henry play, as it happens henry put in a great perfomance and scored the first goal, after the match abramovich met with david dein and peter hill-wood and made his £100mill bid for Henry which was subsequently turned down.