• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chelsea FC

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Are either a success in Europe? No

Admittedly Arsenal have done a lot better than Manure in recent times, but in terms of success in Europe, they've not done it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, and how many knockout ties have they won since then (in 6 seasons?)

Hint - it's less than 2.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
My best FA Cup line in the last few days:

Someone: Howmany British players were in Arsenal's team? Just 1!

Me: Which, I think, is one more that the amount of titles Manure have this year.

Link

State Vice-Captain
Anna said:
I think Carlo Cudicini should be playing. As Alan Shearer said, he's the best keeper in the premiership.
2nd, behind Cech. But lets face it there is no competition. We are just spoilt for choice

Link

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Yes, and?
oh so you just happened to forget that that team went 49 games unbeaten. Do you know what that actually means. A whole season all over the country and not one team could beat them either home or away.

Or maybe you mean the fact that they didnt really beat no quality teams, coz thats a fair point

Agent TBY

International Captain
Link said:
oh so you just happened to forget that that team went 49 games unbeaten. Do you know what that actually means. A whole season all over the country and not one team could beat them either home or away.
Chelsea did actually beat them,during that time.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Link said:
2nd, behind Cech. But lets face it there is no competition. We are just spoilt for choice
I hope you realize this thread was started way back in November,when Cech wasn't established enough to be considered better than Cudicini.

That post you quoted was made on the 23rd of November.

nibbs

International Captain
should Chelsea sign Essien. Word is they are close to signing him, but I just wonder where would he fit in our midfield. Personally, if I was going to change one aspect of the, it would be to sell Kezman and bring in some new awesome striker, like Henry, Raul or Shevshenko

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nibbs said:
should Chelsea sign Essien. Word is they are close to signing him, but I just wonder where would he fit in our midfield. Personally, if I was going to change one aspect of the, it would be to sell Kezman and bring in some new awesome striker, like Henry, Raul or Shevshenko
word has it Kezman could be heading back to PSV next season, perhaps on a loan deal. theres around 9 other clubs who have showed interest in him, not a surprise considering hes one of te worlds top strikers. id be sooo happy if he returned to us, we'll take robben back while we are there too...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
one of the worlds top strikers ? hes not that good, hes better than average but not even one of europes best let alone the world, he has a great scoring record in holland but then that doesnt prove a great deal...

Simon

he hasnt really been given much of a chance to prove it at chelsea, my heart says bring him back to PSV, but i think it would be great for him to move to another premiership club where he would play everyweek and could prove just how good he is.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i realise that he is a very decent player, i have watched him playing for PSV and i know what a cult hero he is over there, i like him and hope he does achieve success in the premiership, newcastle would seem like a plausible option at this moment in time, they were intrested in him last year before chelsea got him and they had to settle for that useless expensive git kluivert.

Simon

hard to say, my EPL side is blackburn, i hope he goes there :D i would settle for that...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
On Kezman, I thought he was a steal for £5m after watching him in a couple of games for PSV.

Mind you, I thought they'd done well to get Crespo!

Which striker are they going to sign this summer and then ruin?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
rumour has it that crespo is on his way back, wouldnt be suprised if taht came true tbh, adriano is the other most likely high profile striker they can get close to imo, raul, shevchenko and henry are out of their reach.

Link

State Vice-Captain
Agent TBY said:
I hope you realize this thread was started way back in November,when Cech wasn't established enough to be considered better than Cudicini.

That post you quoted was made on the 23rd of November.
no i didnt as it goes